LTHR while recovering from RTHR

Status
Not open for further replies.
chisels1 I think you can post it either here, or there's an artwork thread in the Social Room. Or both!! I am honored to know a hand engraver (not to mention goldsmith :) ) Our wedding bands are hand engraved, and I thought at the time, 1980, that we were extremely lucky to find a hand engraver. It's good to know you're still around!
Tell your son the Coastie thanks for his service! And you will indeed enjoy that walking with two good hips.
I bet you'll be able to go back to work from home just as soon as your brains and coordination return-- we need something girlie, like a charm that's really a sawed-off femur in 14K gold:rotfl: You could sell a pile of those here.......
 
chisels1 I think you can post it either here, or there's an artwork thread in the Social Room. Or both!! I am honored to know a hand engraver (not to mention goldsmith :) ) Our wedding bands are hand engraved, and I thought at the time, 1980, that we were extremely lucky to find a hand engraver. It's good to know you're still around!
Tell your son the Coastie thanks for his service! And you will indeed enjoy that walking with two good hips.
I bet you'll be able to go back to work from home just as soon as your brains and coordination return-- we need something girlie, like a charm that's really a sawed-off femur in 14K gold:rotfl: You could sell a pile of those here.......


How about a replica in 14kt gold of the hip implant as a pendant? I could set a stone of choice in the ball part of the implant.
 
chisels1 on another thread the discussion has been about tattoo's and what kind and if anyone would want one etc.... but it came up the risk of infection and it's not a good idea for someone who has had hip replacement to get a tattoo. Will you ask you doctor and see if that's correct and then post on here so we know? Right now I think it's just a guess but not sure. You wouldn't want to get a tattoo if there's a risk for you.
 
Don't worry folks, I'm not sold on getting a Tat, in fact my wife never liked them and has stressed her disdain for me getting one. Getting one could be more hazardous to my health, in more ways then one. I understand the infection risk and would not do anything of the sort without clearing it with the Doc. I will say though that Tattoo Shops are heavily regulated in Massachusetts, sterile equipment and shops are monitored. They are more like a medical office, with rooms that are bright, clean and have sterilization equipment, along with mandatory disposable needles, its not like a scummy place tuck in between some alley.
 
Hi there chisels1... Definitely post your photo here, likely to get buried in the social room and we want to keep it in focus with you..

Pity you don't live closer.. I can't find my wedding ring, since we moved 20 months ago, hubby says I packed it away for safe keeping with all my other jewelry but can't find that either... So now I walk around with no rings.... Sigh! Sad! not happy...
 
chisels1 over on the thread where we're talking tattoos, we also had someone wish desperately she could find a silver charm. I mistakenly ID'd you as a brand new member, on that thread, just this morning. I apologize for that, but, how is your silversmithing?? LOL
 
chisels1 over on the thread where we're talking tattoos, we also had someone wish desperately she could find a silver charm. I mistakenly ID'd you as a brand new member, on that thread, just this morning. I apologize for that, but, how is your silversmithing?? LOL


We have a selection of silver charms by Rembrandt, they have hundreds of themes. They also make them in gold filled, 10kt and 14kt gold. Something handmade is what we do and its custom, that means we hand fabricate and engrave based on the customers ideas. We have done some as little as $75.00 and as much as $400.00 in Sterling Silver.
 
Hi chisels1 So are you saying that you do make charms and could make a hip replacement replica? There are a few people who would seriously consider it, or are already wanting one. Let us know the possibility, of this really happening, OK? Maybe draw up a design to post? Thanks so much.
Your surgery date is coming up soon, too. Are you all set? Good luck with any pre-op preparations, and with the surgery. Please make sure you keep us posted afterwards, so we know how you're coming along! We'll be thinking of you and your other two surgery buddies Littlejem and sqwerlie , too!
 
I'm going in this Sunday between 7 and 8 and will prep after midnight for a Monday morning LTHR. I can't wait but its close enough now to make this Father's Day a good one. I'm planning on making one and will try to post an image in the future after I get back to work.
 
chisels1 Good luck with your THR on Mon! Have a Happy Father's Day, too. And don't even think about any image for a charm or anything now. Just concentrate on your family and kids, and your surgery and recovery. We're all thinking of you and wising you the best! Take care and let us know how you're doing whenever you feel up to it.
Sending all good wishes your way.
 
I too am having trouble getting over one hip replacement let alone going back in a couple of months for another one. I admire your courage. My friends and family have been great about helping me but I have a lot of work to slowly catch up on.
 
Mollyb I am 7 weeks post op LTHR and 6 months RTHR. My right hip was the worst damaged over years so I have a lot of ROM issues. The left is recovering well with a better ROM. I found until I had the second op I was held back by that hip. Once you have both done it does get easier. Check out sandybeach thread as she had both done with a short time between them.
 
chisels1, Good luck tomorrow...Happy Father's Day....I vote yes for tattoo when it is safe to do so....Sounds like a lovely connnection to your boys...My daughter & I have a small shamrock on our ankle for our Irish heritage.
 
Well, I'm almost packed, minimal stuff for Hospital and more clothing and things for rehab which I will go to right from the Hospital. Leaving at 6:30 tonight, Thanks all, I will touch base as soon as I'm able to from the Hospital.
 
Good luck for tomorrow chisels1 ! Everything will go just fine and you'll be on Recovery Road with us once again. Take care, let us know how you're doing as soon as you're up to it. I'm sending all good wishes your way. You'll be so happy once this is over with! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom