Guest viewing is limited

TKR Lt. knee done and now so is the Right. Recovery here I come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Ellen NetballKnees for checking up on me. Tiredness is getting better but so slowly. However, had to work some extra long hours due to a computer software upgrade so got a bit beat up by that. Went in at 5am and worked till 5p and then we have had many issues withe the software even though in testing they were not there.

Must have gotten a bit run down since now am fighting off a cold. I normally am up 5a and get home about 6p from work and these past days I have been coming home and having a quick dinner and seem to be back in bed by 8p or 830p. I am very glad it is the week end and I can totally kick back, rest, drink lots of fluid and take some cold meds.

Saw my OS for my 3m check on the right knee and doing well. Do not even have to see him in Jan for my 1yr for the left knee. He said since I have no real issues (still weakness in the right leg but have not had energy to do much muscle building besides work) he will see me Sept 2014 for a check on both knees than. I am so thankful that overall everything went well. Now I just have to find the energy to ride my bike more and do some other exercises to build up strength.

I was so excited to read in your thread that you are able to do more and get in and out of any car and be in the front like a real person. Feels so good. I am glad you have been able to visit with friends and manage the stairs. It was wonderful to read that. I am glad you have had some highs, we all need a little light here and there during recovery.

I am a minimalist for the holidays so have not really been doing much especially since it is just my husband and me and I have to work every day except for Christmas Day. I am taking a couple days off after the New Year to spend with my husband as he is off. It will be a treat for both of us to be home and not have me in recovery mode (well not mostly recovery mode).

I hope you have a wonderful holiday, do you do a lot of decorating normally - you have children and grandchildren so that makes Christmas more fun.

Lee:snow dig: A little snow for you since you do not get any for the holiday.:xmas-tree:
 
Hi Lee, Just catching up on your thread. I'm so sorry you have such a grueling schedule but am happy to see that you are able to handle it. I hope things settle down for you and you enjoy your time off with your husband. Keep up the great work and keep us posted. :friends:
 
Thank you crystal. Knee still does not quite feel normal but I know it will get there. The quads are not strong enough yet and am not working on them enough since work and winter. Somewhat achey at times so I take Tylenol and get through. Like I said basically besides work I am taking it easy at home - I figure I will catch up on the house in a few months when I feel better and have more strength and energy. Work, I do not have a choice so I try not to do everything. I have learned most of the time that I do not have to be superwoman and do everything and many things can wait and do not have to be done immediately or by me.
 
I understand about not having a choice regarding work :doh: Your theory about not being superwoman is the best. You are doing everything right. Prayers that you heal totally and can handle all you want to handle easily.:flwrysmile:
 
Hi Lee ... lovely to hear that things are going reasonably well for you. What exciting news from your OS. He must be very happy with how you are going.

Thanks or the snow - I really do have to have a White Christmas once in my life.

This year I have decorated a bit, mainly because of my 2 year old grandson, Sebastian. I am doing things to widen his eyes and put that awed sparkle in them. My children all have their own trees, but don't usually decorate thir house, but I think that they appreciate coming over here to the decorations.

You have the right idea about the housework. It can always wait in my opinion. Though I did vacuum on Saturday. Wasn't too bad.

I am in a job (local government) where we actually close down over Christmas and usually have approx. 10 days off including weekends. We close down at 12.00noon Christmas Eve (unless it is on the weekend) and go back to work the day after New Years Day. This year I will miss the fun of the shutdown after 12.00noon. There has been a horseshoe throwing competition operating in lunch breaks the last couple of months and the final is being held that afternoon. I did help my team - Wonderwomen - into the top of the draw before going on sick leave. The name is a bit funny now because my place has been taken by one of the men.

You sound like work has been very busy and stressful. I do hope you get a chance to just relax when you have a couple of days off with your husband.

Take Care Lee ...
Ellen :xmas-tree:
 
Hi Lee ... Just wanted to wish you and your loved ones a safe, happy and healthy 2014 and hope you go from strength to strength in your continuing recovery.

Hugs ... Ellen
 
Ellen, thank you. Writing this during my lunch break at work. Hard to keep up after working at home so trying to do some when I am here.

I am sorry to hear that you are still not progressing to where you want and need to be to reclaim your life more. My knees are doing OK, the left one gets tight once in a great while but the newer right one is still a baby at times and gets a tight feeling when I am up and around a lot or going up and down the stairs a lot but no complaints from me considering how hard of a time you are having.

I am sending wishes for much improvement in the New Year. I can understand being afraid to leave home ground but if you think it will feed your soul even if you cannot walk as much-- think of going. Sometimes our souls need the feeding as well as our bodies. Pretend you are recovering in a hotel like some forum members do for a week or so when they travel far to have their TKRs.

Again, many hugs and many wishes for better results. Lee:puppysmooze::puppysmooze::kittykiss::console2::console2::flwrysmile::snow dig:
 
Hi Lee ... just flying in for a quick visit and to see how you are doing. Thank you for your visits to my thread. I have appreciated your advice and support.

I hope your life is still going well - work is good and the knees are slowly, but surely, improving and recovering.

I am in a difficult place right now, but no doubt will come out of it and learn to live with what I have. I have posted on my thread of my new journey to live on my own for the first time in my life. If you get time and feeling like reading a bit of a wallow, go on over and check it out.

Once again, thanks for your visits and advice and support. Take Care and keep on keeping on ...

Hugs ... Ellen :puppysmooze::puppysmooze:
 
Hello Leejaa,
couldn't help but see you were from the Finger Lakes region. I live between Canandaigua lake and Naples, ny. I will be having Bilateral knee replacement surgery on Aug 4th 2014. Thanks for all of your info.
Suzie
 
Suzie @Crow22 I probably live within 20 miles of you as I am between Canandaigua and Penn Yan and only about 15 min from Naples. Best wishes on your surgery to come Remember be kind to yourself and slow and steady wins the race as well as take your pain meds -- speak up for yourself as needed. You know your body best and you know what you are feeling. you will love not having that awful bone pain.

At this time, I am having iliopsoas issues on the left side. Josephine diagnosed it so well by email a while ago and at first it wasn't so bad but then it became extreme and limited by ability to walk and sleep. I am seeing a wonderful chiropractor and making great progress. My first experience with a chiropractor and I am impressed with the results but also someone who actually listened to me and my explanations of where it hurt and how.

Again, best wishes Suzie. I will try to get on the site more and follow your progress. If you have any questtions or thoughts this is the best place for answers and support. I do not think I could have done as well without this site and everyone's support and everyone's stories which made me feel normal in an unnormal time for me.

Lee
 
@leejaa I just found your post here. It's pretty cool that you live so close. I'm about 15 minutes from Naples on the north side. I'm sorry to hear about your iliopsoas issues, and hope you can get it under control. I have a great husband and can focus on my healing and recovery. This is an awesome site and I agree with you, it has helped me tremendously.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom