Guest viewing is limited

TKR Lovetoread's Recovery Thread---She is home already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about you today! (and tomorrow!) Lots of positives sent your way!
 
Thanks my friend! Not even giving it much thought today. More upset about my daughter and all she's dealing with today. It has become a nightmare.
 
So sorry about your daughter; something like this is the last thing you need. Maybe she can get some one else to go although no one is as good as mom. Thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family
Karyn
 
Thanks Karyn....she's been texting me things today and I am sick to my stomach. Unfortunately, it will probably be an all-day deal on Wednesday, and nobody can spend all day with her. I know it will turn out ok, but the timing couldn't be worse.
 
Last time I was at Domestic Relations, they prioritized the various matters--attorney-represented motions first (so lawyers could scurry amongst various courtrooms), then adoptions, routine and uncontested motions and orders, finally the messy stuff (especially post-decree modifications). I suspect your daughter's case is in the first two categories, so she should be done fairly quickly--definitely before lunchtime.

Best of luck tomorrow, and enjoy the meal of your dreams tonight!
 
So sorry you can't be there to support your daughter...as you say such bad timing! what a shame. Hope things are just procedural for her and that she will get through it ok. She will soon be there to tell you all about it when you wake up! Wishing you all the best for tomorrow, and hope your recovery will be as fast and as amazingly straightforward as your left knee has been!"!
 
Thanks Sandy! I've back to no appetite these days (I think due to all the soon-to-be-ex-son in law), so sadly, an easy supper. No lobster for me! I'm hoping you're right about the order of things. She does want to also get the ball rolling on changing her name back, so more paperwork, no doubt.
 
And thank you, too, Ditzy! I know things will work out, but just never dreamed the timing would be so bad....or that the divorce would happen so quickly (not that that's a bad thing at this point!)
 
At this point, I hope you are happily ensconced somewhere (maybe home) and feeling no pain, and that your daughter's problems are happily behind her. Post when you can, we all want to hear how you're doing.
 
Got home about a half hour ago. Was able to go up and down stairs and walked down the hall again. I had no pain at all until they removed the epidural this morning. There was no pain, but I still had feeling in my legs. Must have been something other than what I had for surgery. Turns out the good doctor automatically manipulates it when you are there for the second. Apparently it's free, just a perk of having him do a second knee. My flexion was at 120 a week and a half ago anyway, so it wasn't a big deal in my case. Having some pain behind the knee this time, but the nurse said that's what many complain of. I was supposed to get 2 Norco every 4 hours today, but I only had one around 8:30. Got home, took two more and loaded up the ice machine. Ahhhh, feels better already!
 
Hi Jean, we have been anxiously awaiting word that are home and all is well. Take care and let's home this knee cooperates as well as his sister! Lol!
 
Glad to hear you are home and doing well - Rest, ice, elevate - pain meds around the clock!
 
I'm getting comfortable. I'm quite sure the nurse only gave me half of what I was supposed to have this morning and the pain got the better of me. It's mostly in the back of the knee area. Just waiting a few more minutes until its time to take my OxyContin and then off to bed I go! No sleep last night at the hospital, so want to turn in early tonight.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom