TKR Lovetoread's Recovery Thread---She is home already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lusknewknees, I hope you are able to read during your recovery. It wasn't that I was "foggy," I simply had no interest in reading. I had so been looking forward to reading and not feeling as though I should be doing something else. It was a huge disappointment! As for your other question, both of my legs were bowed prior to surgery. I hadn't even noticed until I was in PT after my first arthroscopic surgery. The therapist mentioned I was bow-legged and I was stunned. How could I not have noticed? After that, I admit I was somewhat embarrassed to wear shorts. After my TKR's they look perfectly straight to me! Although I've only been a "Bonesmartie" for a little over a year, I don't recall reading about anyone developing drop foot as a result of surgery. Of course, that's not to say it doesn't happen, but it's certainly not the norm. There have been many say they have some sort of deformity (I think it's quite common), but just about everyone says their legs are much straighter after TKR. Like others have said, I think it's just one of the many complications they have to tell you about prior to surgery. I wouldn't worry too much about it.....I'll bet you are going to be just fine!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Lusknewknees my doctor warned me about the risk of dropped foot. He said if it does happen it may correct itself after wearing a brace for a while. But he said it can be permanent. My knee was leaning inward quite a bit so I was concerned about the risk. But fortunately I've experienced none of that at all. I think they have to warn you even if the chance of it is slim. Please try not to worry about it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom