Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Have you tried retail therapy? :snork: Seriously, though, one way to fill the time might be to fill it with other people. Have coffee or tea with a neighbor. Go out to lunch with a friend. Make phone calls or video calls to geographically distant relatives. Have a date night (or a few of them) with your husband: go to a local theater performance, concert in the park, movie or other fun event. You won't be able to do things like this for a couple of months, so enjoy them now! :cheers:
 
Thanks, @SusieShoes . My surgery is in 3 days, but those are good ideas. We did do a few things this last weekend, and also the last few weeks since my summer will be basically shot. I also took my boyfriend out to lunch a couple of times. Oh, and I let his mother come, too. :heehee: Plus I took a two week cross country trip, so I've been pretty busy until this week. I could have left myself more to do this week, but I'm one of those who is always early to appointments, and gets everything done way ahead of time. That's a good thing usually, but not in this case.
 
Two days....the kangaroos in my stomach are not only jumping, but boxing too now.

[Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
 
Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

I did get a little sleep last night, which is good. The kangaroos are still here....grrrr.....I don't think they'll be gone until they give me something to make them go away. I just want this over with and behind me. If I could fast forward to September, I'd be a happy camper. I still have 4 hours until I leave for the hospital. It's always better to be first up so you don't have this wait, but my OS wanted me last today. This too shall pass.........
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom