Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Thanks for the explanation of the white cells, Josephine. My rheumatologist does this differential so this is a really good explanation.
 
@Nana moon 27 You're very welcome, I am so glad you are doing well. I'm waiting on the LTT test results for metal allergies. Not doing great-my knee is swollen and painful still, even after another surgery in October to remove scar tissue. Not sure where we're going until those results come in in the next few days. Thanks for stopping by!
 
@Nana moon 27 and all...I received my LTT test results. All the results are normal, except one which is "mildly reactive". I did notice my doctor ordered panel 1 which doesn't test for bone cement, etc, so have messaged him to ask why and where we go from here. I'm not sure if I'm more relieved or more frustrated......
 
Hi @lovetocookandsew

I hope they get back to you really soon. I would feel frustrated too. Please stay in touch would love to hear how you get on further

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Thanks, @Nana moon 27 My OS is currently on a much deserved and much needed vacation. The info is on his desk and in his inbox so I know I'll hear from him when he returns.
 
Anybody have a needle aspiration for a suspected low grade infection in a TKR? If so, how much pain is involved, etc? Thanks.
 
No aspiration. Although they were all set up to do one in the Drs. office (the only dr there was the back specialist) the HUGE needle was prepared etc. and they took the washcloths off we had taped to my knee. When they saw the pus running down my leg the plan of action changed to surgery. We warned the PAs and dr that taking off the washcloth was a mistake. I didn't have an aspiration after surgery either I think because I had been on massive antibiotics.
Sorry I can't help, @lovetocookandsew , are you seeing an infectious disease dr.?
 
Thanks, @Pumpkln and @KarriB . No, I am seeing my OS right now; if the aspiration comes up positive, then I'll likely see one. I'm a huge chicken with needles, etc, and wanted to know the exact procedure but will ask my OS when I go in. I kind of wanted to know ahead of time so as to be prepared, but not a major problem not knowing I guess....lol.
 
I am a big baby about needles, docs, hospitals in general and had never had a procedure done before my TKR. I was crying about the possibility of the aspiration and just seeing the needle, so when they sent me to the hospital for surgery instead I wept the whole way. Silly me, I thought they'd send me home with a script for an antibiotic.
Is your knee warmer than usual, red or seepy? I had a little spot that seeped and didn't think anything about it, but then developed a high fever, body aches etc. (thought I had the flu), a day later the seeping hot much worse.

You're 9 months out? The incision should be healed and I'm sure they can spray some numbing "stuff" to help with the needle site. Have you had cortisone or Visco shots in the knee? That stings a bit, but not too bad.
 
@KarriB I'm almost 2 years out-April 15th will be the 2 year anniversary. My knee is a little warm at times, but mostly it's swollen, has pockets of fluid and hurts-sometimes it just hurts and other times it's excruciating. I had another surgery the 22nd of October to remove scar tissue-the OS said there was a ton more than he expected, but it was all removed. Unfortunately it didn't help. I had metal allergy testing recently, other than a mild reaction to zirconium, I tested normal. I also have had a ton of other tests, but the OS is going to repeat everything and do the aspiration. It's a mystery, one we hope to solve, and soon.
 
Back
Top Bottom