Hi all. I saw my OS today. He was going to do a repeat aspiration, but after we talked a bit, and I realized that he could do more and better cultures during a clean-out, I reminded him that if the cultures are negative he's planning on doing the clean-out surgery, and if they're positive I don't want a revision as a matter of course. I'd want to first have him do the clean-out and try a course of antibiotics, so he said it makes sense then to just do the clean-out and culture the heck out of everything at the same time, pull out all the plastic and clean everything thoroughly (he showed me on my x-ray exactly what he'll do). Then we'll wait for the results and go from there. He has made sure the lab doesn't screw up again even though he said it's been standard procedure for the last ten years that all joint aspiration cultures automatically go for at least two weeks so the mistake shouldn't have happened in the first place. (or something to that effect-not his exact words but close). I'm not exactly clear on a couple of areas so am going to e-mail him (poor guy, I know...lol) for a little more clarity on a couple of things I should have asked but didn't write down ahead of time so missed. I had written down a bunch of questions but didn't think of every possible thing. He told me a revision is probably the best way to go if it's at all infected, and would entail at least two major surgeries, possibly three or four.......I can't even wrap my mind around all that pain and horror again so plan to shelve that possibility for right now. I expect the LTT metal test results today but think it's probably normal. I'll wait to e-mail him until I see that though, so as to know if he'll rule in or out an allergy as the possible cause.