lovetocookandsew
Former BoneSmart Staff Member
- Joined
- Aug 9, 2013
- Messages
- 6,176
- Age
- 70
- Location
- Northern California
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Thanks for thinking of me guys.
I finally got into a room in the ICU at 2 am. Much better and I got some sleep. Not a ton but about 3 hours of solid sleep, which is much better than none.
Yesterday they had me sit at the side of my bed; I fought through and did it, but the pain involved was a solid 10 and came with tears....not kidding. When moving into this room, it was really painful to move from the first bed to the new bed; the nurses said I shouldn't have that much pain with the epidural, so were going to check into it. If I don't move my leg at all the pain settles down to a manageable ache. Apparently the epidural is turned up as much as the anesthesiologist thinks it should be, so who knows what's going to happen.
I finally got into a room in the ICU at 2 am. Much better and I got some sleep. Not a ton but about 3 hours of solid sleep, which is much better than none.
Yesterday they had me sit at the side of my bed; I fought through and did it, but the pain involved was a solid 10 and came with tears....not kidding. When moving into this room, it was really painful to move from the first bed to the new bed; the nurses said I shouldn't have that much pain with the epidural, so were going to check into it. If I don't move my leg at all the pain settles down to a manageable ache. Apparently the epidural is turned up as much as the anesthesiologist thinks it should be, so who knows what's going to happen.
I hope they find a good way to manage your pain. 
but getting back in was beyond horrid. On a scale of 1-10 my pain was a solid 20. It hit the "just shoot me now" stage"! I know the whole ICU had to have heard me. I tried not to yell or scream, but the pain was so intense I couldn't help it. It's been over an hour and the pain has settled to about 4-not as bad as it got to but still higher than I want. I am shocked by how much pain is involved as he didn't cut bone-he just cut through skin, tissues and muscles. But the good news is the "P" fairy has come and gone (pun intended)!
