Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Well, the good news is MY ICE MACHINE FINALLY ARRIVED! :yay::yay::yay: The bad news is they didn't listen to me and sent the wrong wrap pad, so I have to use the wrong one until the one I asked for is sent. But the wrong wrap is better than no wrap. The other good news about this machine is it's a lot quieter than the old one. The old one was pretty noisy for some reason, but I just lived with it. This particular machine is so quiet I have to really get close to it to hear the hum. Now I plan to just ice and elevate all day today, all night tonight and so on, with nary a break other than toilet and lunch, until my knee settles back down.
 
This is so not funny....I had the ice machine on for a while this morning, then stopped to make and eat my lunch. Took care of everything before getting situated icing and elevating again. I kid you not-the second I had everything set just right for a nice long session, the :censored: doorbell rings :gaah:and it's our pest control guy here to do our regular service.....grrrrrrrrrrrr. I knew he was coming this afternoon but totally forgot. I'm going to wait until he's done to get back to icing as I'll need to close up the garage again. :sigh:
 
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................:ice::ice::ice::ice::ice::ice::ice::ice:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 175
Although it's far from gone, my pain has lessened somewhat already. I have no idea if the swelling has gone down any yet since it's hidden under the ice wrap. But it's likely going to take a couple of days to get everything back to pre-BT (Black Thursday) levels. :heehee:
 
How often do you drain the tubes? Do you have to completely unwrap it to take potty breaks and eat?
 
My husband drains it every day and rinses it. I don't know how often it should be done, I just know the water starts looking a bit cloudy so we drain it. We also took all the labels off the water bottles before using them so they don't get pieces into the water and potentially clog the machine. It has some kind of clip things that attach the knee wrap to the machine; I just unclip it for short breaks, or remove it totally if I want to shower, take a long break, etc.
 
I have 3 ice machines. One from when I had the shoulder surgery started to leak at the connection of the baffle, so I ordered another one. The 3rd one came from a friend who no longer wanted hers. If I don't move the connection on that first one, it doesn't leak any, so I have a backup to my backup! The ice packs were painful and too heavy. I loved icing and highly recommend the machines!
 
Sounds like you are sandwiched between the fires. Do you have smokey air? We are below Yosemite, in the Central Valley and our air seems to be getting worse by the day. The sun just before sunset last night was a fluorescent hot pink. So strange with the crude in the air. Feel so bad for all the destruction. Went to Whiskey town 2 summers ago-can’t believe it is totally wiped out-it was such a nice area.
 
@nuttybrunette It has been pretty smoky around here lately, but I'm not going to complain when there are so many who have been so badly affected by the fires. My heart hurts for the loss of lives and the destruction caused; it has to be unbearable for many people. I know they'll eventually pick up the pieces and rebuild their lives as the human spirit is strong, but it has to be terrible for them right now, especially the ones who have lost loved ones.
 
I actually got a good night's sleep again last night. After the last few nights which have been difficult, last night was pretty good. I went to bed somewhere around midnight, and didn't wake until around 8 am. The pain in my knee has lessened quite a bit; although the swelling hasn't gone back down to where it was last week, it is going down. After waking, I got up and went to the restroom without remembering to grab my cane, which I've been using again the last few days, all of which tells me I'm almost back to where I was. I'll spend a lot of time today in I&E mode, and may do a few other things like a little laundry. I need a couple of things for dinner tonight (we're having hot dogs and fixings as hubby likes those, even though I'm not fond of them), and I need buns and some fresh corn. I was going to have hubby get the stuff, but I may just take the short trip today. I had planned to drive last week (as we all know, we plan and God laughs :)) but today may be the day instead. I'll see how I do this morning and then decide.
 
Well, I did it. I drove to the store and made it back home, alive and in mostly one piece. :wink: Driving was a breeze as I figured it would be, but overall the trip was tiring, which I also knew it would be. I ended up not going to the store two blocks away, instead went to the store 1.5 miles away as I wanted the special variety sweet white corn on the cob they sell, which is almost as good as homegrown garden corn. Just finished my lunch and now the rest of today I will be icing and elevating. So far my knee is okay, so that's a good thing. But first, ice cream! After being out in the heat I need a small ice cream cone.:yes!:
 
The ice machine cometh. :)

Questions for you, Kim. You’re 5+weeks out right? Do you still ice and elevate most of the day? Or do you i & e less these days?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom