Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

I'm sorry they flubbed up getting your replacement to you. I couldn't use the one my friend lent me as it leaked and I never ordered a replacement cuff. Ice packs have helped me but they are a pain lol. Your OS is definitely a keeper!!
 
:sad: Ice machine quitting is no fun, happened to me twice, with my TKR (machine was 11 years old), then the Revision.
Wish your replacement machine was arriving sooner. :running:
 
Ooh have you become addicted to the ice machine?! First the medical world's worry about addiction to painkillers and now this ghastly new development!
Thank goodness I don't have one. - I am being cheeky here though. Its no fun not sleeping.
Our hot weather broke last night and we had a blissful downpour. It was also my first all night sleep after sleeping in 3 hour bursts for 4 weeks. Atmospheric pressure? Don't know. Not complaining.
 
@Spex10 I am thoroughly addicted to my ice machine and suffering major withdrawal!

@Pumpkln Thanks! And I agree. I may buy another one at Amazon as a back-up. They don't sell this particular one, but I may look to see what they sell and get one.
 
Sorry to hear that you are in pain due to ice machine breaking down. I hope you get your replacement soon. Ice packs or frozen peas have been hurting my k ee lately. They are really stinging it. Just like you said Spex10. I keep using them though as it's all I have
 
I just use them after a session of toes above nose @Mollymax as my knees always seem to heat up when elevating. No pain though. If I feel a bit uncomfortable I get up and walk about a bit.
 
Now that’s an OS! Keeper? Absolutely!

Sorry you’re having pain! If your new ice machine isn’t there on Monday go get Dr. Amazing’s.

Good luck and hope your pain eases!
 
I just use them after a session of toes above nose @Mollymax as my knees always seem to heat up when elevating.
Why not use them while elevating? That's what many people do, and it makes sense to do both things at once.
 
Re the pictures. Kim, I think they were probably a skin reaction to the adhesive on your dressing. I know when my knee blistered from the Steri-strips, it took some weeks for them to heal.
 
Because my knee hurts too much to help with dinner tonight, my hubby decided to cook me dinner, bless his little heart. When you're feeling good it's a lot easier to handle letdowns than when you're not feeling well. Unfortunately, it was really bad. I choked it down, but it wasn't easy. We've used up all the plated meals I froze, and are now using the other frozen meals and things I made. Tonight he took out some smoked pulled pork and made me a taco and a quesadilla. All he had to do was warm the meat, grate some cheese, warm the corn tortilla and fry the quesadilla. Sounds easy, but the poor guy really can't cook and managed to ruin both things. :sigh: I even once jokingly told him when we were watching "Worst Cooks in America" that he'd be perfect for that show! We both laughed as we know cooking is just not his thing. That darn ice machine best get here tomorrow!
 
This is quite the testimony to the ice machine if it can make that much difference to a pain level!

I didn’t have one but I should consider one for next time.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom