THR lotusbuds' recovery thread

OP
OP
lotusbuds

lotusbuds

senior
Country
United States United States
@Carriemay60 I am so so happy to hear your pain level is seldom and or deep aching. isn't it wonderful! I still have pain and swelling but its getting less. Its 7 weeks tomorrow and I still can't believe it. I feel like I/we all just took a jump out of our normal lives into this zone of surgery, pain, healing and recovery and its a unique community.
Today we drove into the 'city' 25 minutes and went to the Japanese Gardens. I used the trekking poles and cane and did not limp and had no pain. I was careful to walk slowly and did not go near the stones or steps near the water. The benches were very low but later when I sat down I found one not too low and was in heaven. Came home and iced and elevated and feel fine. We will see how it feel later. What came to mind was my knees on both legs were getting a nice appropriate workout and building strength and this is so much better than the PT experience. The PT exercises are great but the other is too painful for me.
Lunch tomorrow is cancelled as my friend is ill but its fine.
@SE Florida I am waiting on the pool for next week. But its a great thought to think of me there as I will likely start going often. I am a water baby but may not do laps at first. Just walk and move slowly. I also was doing water aerobics in the deep end once a week but will likely not do that yet.
Thanks!
Happy Easter Happy Passover and Happy weekend everyone!

Carriemay60

post-grad
Country
Canada Canada
@SE Florida I laughed at your comment about being in the sun or sitting poolside. You are in paradise in Florida compared to us! You must let me know if you have a guestroom for next winter! :heehee:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Happy Friday :SUNsmile:
It's nice you got out to visit the Japanese Gardens. I'll bet it's beautiful there.
Feels so good to be participating in life, even if only for a few hours. Hanging around the house gets old quickly.
I hope you have a nice weekend and a happy Easter!
@lotusbuds

Carriemay60

post-grad
Country
Canada Canada
I have a girlfriend in Kenmore that I met while living in Tokyo. They are always at the Japanese Garden so have seen some lovely pictures of it. :)

OP
OP
lotusbuds

lotusbuds

senior
Country
today rainy and damp (no Florida @Carriemay60 ) and went to do a couple store errands..not driving yet. By the end I am sore and now icing and elevating. When will I learn. I guess 2 days in a row is too much. Learning daily. Thing is its not the groin pain I had at the beginning when over doing it or when I come back from PT so that is progress. I'm not going back to PT for 2 weeks and if it hurts afterwards I will stop all together. I think walking is the best when I have no pain.
Have a great weekend everyone.

SE Florida

post-grad
Country
It seems like doing something 2 days in a row is too much for me right now too. If I have a day where I'm running errands or visiting my mom, I'm usually a little tired by the time I get back. The next day I spend resting more than usual. We'll get there @lotusbuds !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
lotusbuds

lotusbuds

senior
Country
I really see how going out and walking 2 days in a row was a mistake. I have rest, iced and elevated and fell asleep. Felt a lot better and walking better now but will not go out tomorrow. Will give myself a rest. I have lots of energy these days so will catch up on some paper work but not overuse my body. I see how far I have come but still how far I have to go.
@SE Florida we will get there yes.
Take good care.

Last edited:

SE Florida

post-grad
Country
Hi @lotusbuds ! I hope you had a nice Easter and taking it easy every now and then! I'm babying a little pang in the hip from being in the ODIC so it's going to take a few days before I feel good enough to get that crazy again! When will I ever learn!!! :spin:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:wave: @lotusbuds
I hope you had a lovely Easter also.
Wondering how you're doing so far this week?
Wishing you some bright sunny days and continued healing!
Hugs :friends: :loveshwr:

OP
OP
lotusbuds

lotusbuds

senior
Country
I did not go to the Easter Brunch at our friend's as it just felt like it would be overwhelming. We did go out to a restaurant for dinner and took a pillow. It went well. Yesterday we were out on an outing to see the tulip fields. Its a 90 minute drive so I had ice and we stopped twice so I could stretch. Once there I walked around with my trekking poles for awhile and then went back to the car to rest. All in all we were gone a long time as we had dinner to avoid traffic on the way home but I did really well. No after effects today so am happy. It did help taking one Advil and my tyenlol doses during the day. I do have to admit to over doing it though on Monday. I decided to surprise my husband and vacuum. I swept and vacuumed holding on to my cane for extra support. I should have stopped but had one room left to do and pushed on. Resulted in having to use the walker that night. My hip didn't hurt as its a light vacuum but...I used muscles in my back I haven't used in awhile and seem to have hurt a spot. Its 2 days later and I notice in the mornings and at night I am limping to compensate for that back pain. Its getting better but it was a mistake. Will I ever learn? I think I am getting cabin fever so it was good to get out of the house. Today I am going to practice in the car getting in the driver's seat and using the brakes in our driveway as its long. I am also planning a trip to the pool to do some gentle movements if not actually swim if there is no pain. I have been saying this for a couple days though so who knows if I'll get there. Tomorrow is a quieter day at the pool so I may wait.
Either way my goal is pool time soon and not to over do it. I am frustrated I am not further ahead at this point. Patience is a virtue I am learning.
Thanks for listening.
Have good healing everyone today!

Last edited:

SE Florida

post-grad
Country
It's good that you were able to get out of the house. It can make a world of difference. The vacuuming though...I did that too and had low back pain. It's a :bignono:! But nice to look around to a clean house again! Good idea on trying the car in the driveway. My first drive was just last week and while I did ok it seemed very foreign to me (the driving not the car, lol) but I drove again the next day and it was much better. I just practiced around our little neighborhood first to keep my co-pilot (hubs) safe!!! :) Glad to hear that you are making progress; you'll be having that 2 month anniversary before you know it!!

Hoppy Nanny

big-cheese
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I love pool time... I usually do just water walking for a few weeks... hope you get there tomorrow.
My consultant won’t let me go swimming (walking) until I see him on May 3rd... nor driving.. I can’t wait... how impatient are we!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Smart to bring ice with you in the car. That darn seatbelt is the worst. A clean house is so appealing, but I’m so sorry about your back. Take care!

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi my "bud":tada:
Your two month hipversary will be on my 2 year hipversary.
Still early days...I know month four was my biggest turnaround...
Stay slow and steady and you will get there!

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
waddler
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom