Lounge Doctor

Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

helenium

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
it’s a bit difficult at times to resist the”siren song” of the ODIC
Absolutely love your description of a temptation I know only too well @SCaprae !

Please, please continue to behave well for the rest of the 6 weeks! Hope that nasty twinge disappears for good and that you get the very best news at your next appointment.

OP
OP
SCaprae

SCaprae

senior
Country
United States United States
Appointment completed. Things are not yet pain free thought 2 potential (loosening of prosthetic & deep infection) cause eliminated. Cortisone injection for tendon that runs across the joint (hyperextended during each surgery) &lifts the leg. Will be installed tomorrow at 7:45. Process of elimination.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:wave:my friend.
loosening of prosthetic & deep infection) cause eliminated
That has to be a Big Relief. Whew!
Hope the injection helps...but am assuming that if it eliminates the discomfort, there will be a plan after that?

Hope the New Year brings you solutions and health and happiness.
Hope Cookie is also doing better...

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Good Morning,
I hope you had a nice holiday season.

I’m sorry you’re still dealing with the pain. Wish it wasn’t so. Thankfully some serious issues have been eliminated. Good luck with the injection, I hope it brings you speedy relief.

Please stay in touch and let us know how it’s going. Any positive news with Cookie?
@SCaprae

OP
OP
SCaprae

SCaprae

senior
Country
Has been some time since last posting, have some good news for my friend Cookie. Pending COVID test tomorrow, surgery for her new set of parts may be as soon as the end of the week. Talked w/ her & she is very much looking forward to this.
I’ve seen temporary relief from the cortisone injection the first several weeks, though it has worn off. Have decided that the end of April is my time to retire (less walking, stairs will help keep discomfort at bay). Moving forward.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi @SCaprae :wave:
So happy to see Cookie is moving forward also.:) :-) (:

Retirement and Spring.:tada:
Wonderful Opportunities for smelling the roses!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hello :wave: It’s nice to hear from you.
Sorry you’re still dealing with discomfort. Hopefully its eased some, or there is a plan in place to bring you permanent relief. I‘ll bet you’re looking forward to retirement, warm weather and engaging in all the outdoor activity that fulfills you. Like cruising and fishing in the “puddle” I believe you once called it.:heehee:

Wonderful news about your friend, Cookie! I sure hope this is the beginning of the end of this depressing saga she’s endured. Prayers for a successful surgery and perfect healing.
Please keep us posted, I’d love to hear that she’s finally moving in the right direction.

Stay in touch and have a wonderful Tuesday! :)
@SCaprae

OP
OP
SCaprae

SCaprae

senior
Country
Cookie had a COVID test Monday / was negative & was then informed that it was too far out from surgery & had to repeat it Thursday. She was at pre-op appointment when she was told that the second test came back positive (w/o symptoms). Long story short: it will be another 20 days before they will schedule surgery. She is holding up well enough, though disappointed.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
My heart goes out to, Cookie. She needs a to catch a break soon from all of the adversity she’s dealt with. It certainly has been a very long haul for her. Hopefully this surgery begins to turn around the long run of misfortune she’s suffered. :prayer:
I hope you have a nice weekend.
@SCaprae

OP
OP
SCaprae

SCaprae

senior
Country
An encouraging update for my friend Cookie.
Surgery scheduled for 5/19/21, she’s looking good & ready. This will be a “process” & must begin with the first step.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Glad she has a date for her first step to hopefully back to healthy and happy.
Hope Spring has Sprung in your neck of the woods and you are doing well.
Happy Easter, @SCaprae :chuck:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
What great news! This has been a long slog for your dear friend. Thankfully an end is in sight. Looking back, I see it will be almost a year and a half since this all began for Cookie. It’s wonderful to read she’s looking good and feeling ready. I hope she feels confident in her surgeons ability and trusts that she can still have a good outcome. You’re proof of that! I hope you’re well also. Please keep us posted and enjoy the Spring! :SUNsmile:
@SCaprae

New

STEPS Challenge
Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Jolaw