Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

it’s a bit difficult at times to resist the”siren song” of the ODIC
Absolutely love your description of a temptation I know only too well @SCaprae !

Please, please continue to behave well for the rest of the 6 weeks! Hope that nasty twinge disappears for good and that you get the very best news at your next appointment.
 
Appointment completed. Things are not yet pain free thought 2 potential (loosening of prosthetic & deep infection) cause eliminated. Cortisone injection for tendon that runs across the joint (hyperextended during each surgery) &lifts the leg. Will be installed tomorrow at 7:45. Process of elimination.
 
:wave:my friend.
loosening of prosthetic & deep infection) cause eliminated
That has to be a Big Relief. Whew!
Hope the injection helps...but am assuming that if it eliminates the discomfort, there will be a plan after that?

Hope the New Year brings you solutions and health and happiness.
Hope Cookie is also doing better...
 
Good Morning,
I hope you had a nice holiday season.

I’m sorry you’re still dealing with the pain. Wish it wasn’t so. Thankfully some serious issues have been eliminated. Good luck with the injection, I hope it brings you speedy relief.

Please stay in touch and let us know how it’s going. Any positive news with Cookie?
@SCaprae
 
Has been some time since last posting, have some good news for my friend Cookie. Pending COVID test tomorrow, surgery for her new set of parts may be as soon as the end of the week. Talked w/ her & she is very much looking forward to this.
I’ve seen temporary relief from the cortisone injection the first several weeks, though it has worn off. Have decided that the end of April is my time to retire (less walking, stairs will help keep discomfort at bay). Moving forward.
 
Hi @SCaprae :wave:
So happy to see Cookie is moving forward also.:) :-) (:

Retirement and Spring.:tada:
Wonderful Opportunities for smelling the roses!
 
Hello :wave: It’s nice to hear from you.
Sorry you’re still dealing with discomfort. Hopefully its eased some, or there is a plan in place to bring you permanent relief. I‘ll bet you’re looking forward to retirement, warm weather and engaging in all the outdoor activity that fulfills you. Like cruising and fishing in the “puddle” I believe you once called it.:heehee:

Wonderful news about your friend, Cookie! I sure hope this is the beginning of the end of this depressing saga she’s endured. Prayers for a successful surgery and perfect healing.
Please keep us posted, I’d love to hear that she’s finally moving in the right direction.

Stay in touch and have a wonderful Tuesday! :)
@SCaprae
 
Cookie had a COVID test Monday / was negative & was then informed that it was too far out from surgery & had to repeat it Thursday. She was at pre-op appointment when she was told that the second test came back positive (w/o symptoms). Long story short: it will be another 20 days before they will schedule surgery. She is holding up well enough, though disappointed.
 
My heart goes out to, Cookie. She needs a to catch a break soon from all of the adversity she’s dealt with. It certainly has been a very long haul for her. Hopefully this surgery begins to turn around the long run of misfortune she’s suffered. :prayer:
I hope you have a nice weekend.
@SCaprae
 
An encouraging update for my friend Cookie.
Surgery scheduled for 5/19/21, she’s looking good & ready. This will be a “process” & must begin with the first step.
 
Glad she has a date for her first step to hopefully back to healthy and happy.
Hope Spring has Sprung in your neck of the woods and you are doing well.
Happy Easter, @SCaprae :chuck:
 
What great news! This has been a long slog for your dear friend. Thankfully an end is in sight. Looking back, I see it will be almost a year and a half since this all began for Cookie. It’s wonderful to read she’s looking good and feeling ready. I hope she feels confident in her surgeons ability and trusts that she can still have a good outcome. You’re proof of that! I hope you’re well also. Please keep us posted and enjoy the Spring! :SUNsmile:
@SCaprae
 
A belated Happy Three Year Anniversary! Seems like that flew by.

I hope your friend, Cookie, is still scheduled for surgery tomorrow and wish her all the best if she is. It’s certainly been a long haul for her.
Take care and enjoy the beautiful weather we’re having in our area of the country. :wave:
@SCaprae
 
Today is “the day” for Cookie!! She is more than ready (procedure #8 of this journey), will be having her “new” hip prosthetic installed.
 
Yay, :fingersx: for uneventful surgery and healing.
Happy belated 3 year Hipversary @SCaprae
:) :-) (:
 
Let’s pray the 8th procedure is the charm for dear Cookie. :praying:
Its been a long and winding road for sure. You need to get her rehabilitated and ready for hunting season. :wink: Enjoy the rest of the week!
@SCaprae
 
Cookie now has her prosthetic & begun the process of recovery. Still in the “worst of it” with regards to the pain (that we are familiar with) among w/ having her leg “stretched” to regain length lost due to having no spacer during her battle with infection (7cm shorter as preliminary result). Moving forward.
 
Glad to hear Cookie's surgery is behind her, and she can move forward with rehab slowly but surely.
 
Good News! Glad to hear the surgery is behind her and hope her recovery is smooth sailing.

I’m guessing you’re enjoying retirement with the warmer weather.

Keep us posted, I’d love to hear that Cookie’s recovery is heading in the right direction.
Until next time :wave:
@SCaprae
 
Back
Top Bottom