Hope all continues in an upward trajectory.:egypdance:

OP
OP
SCaprae

SCaprae

senior
Country
United States United States
Had a very nice visit w/ Cookie. She is gaining on this thing!! PT & OT daily, gaining some strength and a bit of weight (back). She still has a very long road to recovery, but is “up” for that. No weight bearing & several more weeks before they will evaluate for another prosthesis. She did complain a bit about the other hip bothering & the thought of having that 1 replaced too. Is a Good Day!!

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Sure like hearing she is doing so much better.:) :-) (:
As she is non weight bearing, I'm sure her other hip is catching it.
Perhaps with the new one finally settled that one will ease.:fingersx:
Hope you are doing well and staying well @SCaprae

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Love these last few posts! Things are looking up. Thanks for updating, I’d love to follow this story to Cookie’s happy ending. I wish she’d join us here for encouragement, but certainly understandable if she doesn’t want to.

The best news is her renewed sense of hope. It seemed like she was in a free fall for a time and it was a bit frightening. Its so wonderful to hear about this turn around. The news that she’s mentioning her other hip and the need to address that one day is very encouraging. I’m sure after this nightmarish recovery, the other hip will feel like a piece of cake.
Have a great day and week! :)
Temps cooling leaves changing, my favorite time of year! :happydance:
@SCaprae

OP
OP
SCaprae

SCaprae

senior
Country
Texted w/ Cookie a bit today & things a continuing. Next appointment at Mayo is the 28th, may include discussion about the next prosthetic. We’ll see where that goes.
I received a follow up questionnaire a couple weeks ago for my left & right hips. Since filling it out & trying to get the local Clinic to accept the orders for the necessary X-rays: my right leg has been giving me “that familiar twinge” of pain. Gave up on the locals & scheduled the X-rays and a consult w/ the surgeon who has done the procedures. I wish I was just a hypochondriac, but my leg has brought back my limping. We’ll see where this goes too.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I sure hope there is a logical explanation for your symptoms, like you’re suffering sympathy pains for your friend, Cookie. :wink: Things have been going so well for you!

In all seriousness, I’m sorry for any stress, anxiety or physical pain this is causing you. Hopefully your appointment is soon and whatever you’re feeling is non threatening and resolves on its own quickly. Prayers for both you and Cookie. :prayer:
Please keep us posted.
@SCaprae

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I also hope your appointment is soon... Some reassuring x-rays would be nice from the architect.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Femur_guy
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom