Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

Wow...that looks like a good supper right there.
And what a handsome feller your grandson is.
I love fishing and getting out in nature is exactly the right prescription for all this drama we are enduring right now!
 
Great catch! That’s a whole lot of fish. Good to read you enjoyed the time with your grandson while out in the fresh air and sunshine. :SUNsmile:
Have a wonderful week!
@SCaprae
 
Well, heard from Cookie & her husband: heading back to surgery (not sure if they are staying w/ present care provider) to remove all parts, articulated spacer for 3 months (same as I did w/staff infection) & then another new set of parts. She had some questions, tried to answer to the best of my ability. We will be in communication as they went in to see her surgeon before we were done:prayer:
 
Each time I read about Cookie I think that it would be reassuring to personally know someone (you) who’s experienced the same and made it through to the other side.
I hope she takes comfort in that and it gives her hope. Prayers all goes well this time.
Have a nice weekend!
@SCaprae
 
A week ago today, Cookie went into surgery, they determined she was too weak & malnourished to withstand removal, placement of articulated spacer. Opted to flush, put in antibiotic beads along w/ suction on the wound.
About to go on a “rant” here. How can/ how dare an educated care team be so darn disinterested/careless about aftercare allowing a staff infection to progress this far.
Will be seeing her husband tonight after work.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cookie’s situation sounds more dire with each update. Her story is so sad. I’m sure it’s difficult to watch your friend go through this having experienced the trials of infection yourself. Hopefully given the latest she and her husband consider your earlier suggestion?
 
Hello! I hope your hip continues to do well and you’re having a good Summer so far, even though it doesn’t officially begin for another three days. How is your friend doing? I know this weighs on your mind and fully understand since you’ve been there yourself.

Best wishes for a peaceful afternoon and evening.
@SCaprae
 
Talked w/ her husband last Friday & there is nothing good to report. Spoke my opinion, things got noticeably “cooler”. Not my place to interject. Very concerned.
 
@SCaprae so sorry to hear this, will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. You're a good friend and have tried your best to help. :friends:
 
Good friends always speak the truth.
It has been such a mess for them so you can only do what you can do.
Hope you are doing well and staying healthy...
Happy Thursday, @SCaprae
 
Talked w/ Cookie’s husband at length. Has been admitted w/ feeding tube for a week, second bacterial infection. Trying to stabilize her for admission to Mayo system.
 
Ugh...the poor dear woman. This situation is so very sad. The best news is she’s going to Mayo. Prayers for her strength and healing.
I‘m sure this is difficult for you to witness. I hope you’re able to have a relaxing holiday weekend. Happy 4th to you!
@SCaprae
 
I hate to hear that Cookie is back in the hospital.
Like Layla...it is good to hear that Mayo will hopefully soon be on the job.
Keep the faith, and have a happy 4th.
 
So sad, hoping they get her to Mayo soon.
 
Cookie had surgery yesterday to remove all parts/and infection. Wasn’t enough time to transfer to Mayo ( organs being damaged /shutting down). She survived the surgery, but has a long way to go.
 
Oh my word! This is very frightening. It sounds like she’s given up, or feels hopeless in all of this. I sure hope she rebounds enough to get to the Mayo for help.
 
11days post spacer implant & Cookie is being transported to St. Mary’s/ Mayo system. Her husband is a wreck. Said a prayer
 
I’ll pray also.
I‘m sure your friend will get the care she needs and deserves at the Mayo.
Please keep us posted.
@SCaprae
 
Back
Top Bottom