Guest viewing is limited

TKR Left TKR done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked the OS's nurse and she checked my chart and told me what hardware I had. So just wait until your next ck-up. You seem to be recovering well from all your "adventures." I can't imagine going through all that. But, you are recovering well.


Chris
Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
So the home visit nurse was just here. She says my knee looks good but she was shocked at my ordeal. She recommended I do a followup investigation into what happened and why as it shouldn't have gone the way it did. She told me that the patients they treat in her clinic go home after 1 night in hospital....very successfully and with few complications, and most of them are older than me. I got a full set of hospital notes in the mail....a 2 inch thick stack of paper for 1 week!...and I will be reading. Don't remember much of that first week as I was so seriously medicated...over medicated. It's just a blur. Don't even know what day I had the heart attack, don't know what prosthesis is in my knee....know nothing.

But I am feeling better! Hooray!
 
I think I turned a tiny corner today. Standing from my chair was hard...but when I got in the bathroom and was standing in front of the mirror I realized something was different. Until now, if I was standing, the pain said 'hurry and get off your knee...get off, get off'. Today when I was standing the pain just said 'your knee is still healing and still painful'....I didn't have the urgency to get off it! It hurt, but in a bearable way!! I got so excited...I could foresee a day with no walker or cane and just using my knee normally. Of course it feels on fire right now, but I had a moment.....
 
@Gingiebot The problem I had standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom was caused by the unexpected level of fatigue that I experienced. The knee was not the problem but I had a heck of a time standing long enough to even brush my teeth because of that fatigue, probably caused by the anemia.
 
@Gingiebot 'good on you ! I have such admiration for you & the journey you and your knee have been on . Through it all, even in your darkest days your true grit and resolve shine through !
You truest deserve a 'standing' ovation !

:dancy:
 
@gr82cu2. Clever handle. No, can't say things are resolved. News on my heart just seems to get worse. Will see a cardiologist on August 8, and see where we go from there. Meanwhile I have instructions to go slow, don't stress and watch for symptoms. If any symptoms, go to emergency. My breathing also still impaired, still on oxygen. But my knee is improving. So that's one good thing! Yay! Also have had a lot of reassurance re heart from folks on here, so not worrying as much.

@msmechanic58. I can stand in front of mirror cause it only goes down to waistline...I don't have to see my hips and butt, which are huge. I gained 50 lbs the last few years with my limited walking from knee problem, and limited breathing from COPD. Next month I will begin a 3 month medical weight loss program that will culminate with gastric sleeve surgery. Strongly recommended by my general practice doc. He says it will cure my sleep apnea and my type 2 diabetes, as well as lower my cholesterol and be good for my knee. Then I will get full length mirror!

@Phil75070 I do have a lot of fatigue too but that is probably due to my heart issues. Still, I was so pleased my knee permitted me to stand! My first sign that things might get back to normal someday.

@marmora Thank you! That was so kind of you! You have been quite a cheerleader yourself, you know. We need that here.
 
I think I have gained since been sedentary with this surgery. I have seen how weight loss can make a difference. My dad got off all his diabetes meds after losing 100 pounds. I hope it does well for you. :)
 
@Gingiebot Good Morning, hope you have a great day. I need to lose a lot of weight. My weight keeps bouncing up and down 5 pounds, but am not losing. Guess I'm addicted to chocolate too much! No self control. Best of luck on your weight.
 
@Gingiebot The folks here are wonderful, aren't they? Who knew you would come to a knee & hip place and receive reassuring heart information! I guess you haven't had too much trouble following the mantras on healing our knee so there is that. I have a friend that has a gastric sleeve and she has done really well. Lost probably 75 pounds!
 
@Gingiebot
I just read through your thread, even though we have communicated on other threads. First, I was SO confused at first with this forum. I made many mistakes, and got corrected a lot. It was hard because I was so drugged and couldn't figure out how to get to the bathroom (not really but....) leave alone a tech. issue. So, I get that. I know you don't feel that way now but I wanted to let you know I felt the same way and almost quit. VERY glad I didn't. I am sorry I so openly expressed my anxiety about the Stryker prosthesis. I am the worry type too, so I became anxious. I hope we are okay. I have the cardiac issues, so I hope we can stay in touch. You have been through SO much, I just am amazed at how well you are doing.
take care,
x x
~hopefaith
 
How great to sense that progress. :tada:
 
Hey guys I have some questions..

Yesterday evening I noticed that the posterior tibial tendon on my left foot is quite swollen and hard. Painful to touch, aches when sitting with it elevated. I had surgery on this foot in 2008. The surgery is called the 'all American' procedure here in US. It involves removing heel and repositioning, and replacing the PTT with tendon taken from the leg. My ligament was also replaced. I was non-weight-bearing for 6 months. But I have done well since then, until yesterday. I didn't do anything remarkable recently, and my walking is still pretty limited. Anyone have any idea what could be happening. Could LTKR be affecting this?

Also I was out today and noticed my knee shifting and bumping when I was walking. Haven't noticed this before. Is this normal?

Any input appreciated.
 
@Gingiebot
Good Morning, just thinking of this Monday morning and wishing you well.
As well as getting over the orthopaedic surgery you have cardiac concerns and a wait until 8 August until you see your Cardiologist and that can seem so very far away when you have all those concerns on your mind.
We are here in BoneSmart for you. :hi:
 
@marmora thank you for your kind thoughts. And I hope you are doing well. I was hoping someone would come along and comment on my foot problem. @Josephine if you are around can you read my previous post above and offer me any insight?
 
Ok...I'm trying again. My left foot posterior tibial tendon is still way popped out with swelling, and quite painful. @Josephine is this something you have seen before? How could my TKR cause this? Help!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom