Guest viewing is limited

TKR Left TKR done

Status
Not open for further replies.
No!!!! No problem at all. Was just letting them know you had updated. People were concerned about you. :) I didn't mean to offend you and I apologize if I did.
 
Don't sweat it, @Gingiebot. When people are learning the forum they often get little reminders about posting their updates in one thread on the REcovery side. This is just because it's easier to follow your progress that way.

And as msmechanic said, her comment related to the fact that people were concerned and "looking" for you.

I hope things are going better for you. :console2:
 
Oh my, Gingiebot (I love the moniker!), the LAST thing in the world you need to concern yourself with is extra threads!! I mess up too and don't even know it! I can't find half the buttons I'm told to look for! Honestly, I have very little memories of the first two weeks. I know I was conscious because I sent texts and spoke to people I have no memory of. Never did remember seeing any doctors in the hospital. Don't you think about going away!!!!! Prayers sent big time for you. You must be terribly frightened. I have been known to cry over a toot......and I did it! I can only imagine what you are going through. But I know the One who knows. May you know His presence with you as well. My heart goes out to you. Be at peace, Gingiebot.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
No, not at all. MsMechanic was simply suppling information to the rest of us who wondered how you were doing. We ask folks to one thread for their posts so that we can keep track of what is happening to you. for instance, I am "following" your thread and so see every new post on it.

My husband has heart disease, so I was interested in your situation--and sorry too for the pain you are experiencing. I don't always go down the lists of "New Posts", so it is easier if you use the same thread for all of your posts to us. And, of course, you can post on anyone else's thread at any time.

When I first joined, I could not always find my thread---so I used to go to "Search" at the top of the page. I would type in my name and my thread would come up for me. I am sorry that you have been struggling with the forum, it is hard to get used to it in the beginning. If you have any other questions about the forum, you can ask them, here on your thread and I will respond to you.

Now, How are your doing? Have you seen a cardiologist? Do you have a friend with you so that you don't have to go through all of this alone? Depression is common both in those who have had major surgery--like a tkr--and in those who have had a heart attack, so I am sure that depression is very much a part of your life right now. It is difficult to decide what to do when you are depressed. Let me know if I can help you at all.
 
Well, more news. Yesterday they told me I have pneumonia and started me on new antibiotics. I find it all very baffling. I had a pre-op checkup that included a check X-ray, echocardiogram and EKG. The tests showed my valve problem but other than that I was all clear. Certainly no pneumonia. So how did I catch it while in hospital? I have my staples out and wound looks good. But I continue to have excessive swelling in both feet and ankles. I'm 15 days out and still in hospital, still having a lot of pain in knee. Is that normal?
 
@Gingiebot There are a lot of different types of pneumonias caused by different things. If it is a viral type you are in a hospital, they are hot spots for things like that. Did you do your little exercise machine (blow or suck on it type). That is really important if you are in bed for any length of time.
Make sure you let them know about how much pain you are in. They might need to change your meds. That is what happened to my husband. First meds he was on didn't help much.
Don't be afraid to ask the nurses about anything you feel is out of the ordinary. I am not sure about the swelling in the ankles and feet, my husband's swelling was mainly in his knee.
I hope they get all your issues worked out soon and that your recovery is a breeze after that.
 
I just saw your kind posts! Thank you; I feel much better about being here. I am feeling a bit weepy and easily discouraged.
No, I have not seen a cardiologist. Not sure how to make that happen. At least I don't think I have. I am pretty hazy sometimes. And no, I have no one with me. My family all live in other states, and not sure they would help anyway. Really, I don't think they would. I do have some good friends but the closest is 500 miles away. They came to visit me once. That's all really. I feel pretty isolated and overwhelmed truthfully. And scared. I don't know why I keep coming down with various illnesses and don't understand what is happening to my body. Since surgery on the 10th I have had a UTI, and was treated with antibiotics. Then I had some problem with kidney enzymes. Then I had an upper respiratory infection (that I thought they treated). Somewhere in here I had a non-stemi heart attack with damage to the left central portion of my heart (all I know), and now I have pneumonia. I'm starting to worry I could die in here. I keep trying to laugh that off, but underneath there is a worry. I wasn't worried about being alone. I think of myself as pretty resilient. But now I'm wishing I wasn't alone.

So that is today's crybaby story!
 
Is there a social worker or case manager or patient advocate at the hospital that you could see to help you keep track of your treatment and condition? Or perhaps even a chaplain who could get you in touch with the right people? I think in the patient booklet I had in the hospital there was contact info for these.

Sending healing wishes. :console2:
 
@Gingiebot I wish I was close by for you, but we are in Missouri. Maybe someone on the forum is in the same area and can stop by and give you some support. That is a lot to go through. As Kneeper said "sending healing wishes".
 
@Gingiebot my heart goes out to you, to have to go threw this all alone. :prayer:are being sent your way. so hopefully things will get better:fingersx: real soon. I agree with @tiredwife :goodpost:but know everyone here will support you and listen to you. You have been threw H and back So take care and am following your posts too. You will be up and around before you know it :happyfeet:
 
Hi guys! I am finally doing better. My pneumonia seem,s to be cleared up, and I am off oxygen except when sleeping, so my lungs are getting stronger! I have 90 degree bend and zero degree straight, so my rom is doing well. I expect to be released on July 4. Don't know where I am going yet. If I go home, I will be alone. My girlfriend wants me to come to her for a few more weeks, in Irvine California, about a 7 hour drive. If we can work out the details I will do that. I have to find a doc who will supervise me there, and PT that will see me. So still working on that. If not, I think I can manage ok at home.

I am so grateful for all your kindness and support. I've been very scared. But feeling stronger now all the time. Best wishes to all. Xoxo.
 
You are doing just fine take your time and read as much as you can and learn as much as you can from these guys on this forum they have helped me a lot
The hospital may have a social worker or patient care representative that could set up a care conference or help with the communication for you to get better information it is worth checking on
Good luck with starting your rehab both cardiac and ortho I will keep reading


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi guys! I am finally doing better. My pneumonia seem,s to be cleared up, and I am off oxygen except when sleeping, so my lungs are getting stronger! I have 90 degree bend and zero degree straight, so my rom is doing well. I expect to be released on July 4. Don't know where I am going yet. If I go home, I will be alone. My girlfriend wants me to come to her for a few more weeks, in Irvine California, about a 7 hour drive. If we can work out the details I will do that. I have to find a doc who will supervise me there, and PT that will see me. So still working on that. If not, I think I can manage ok at home.

I am so grateful for all your kindness and support. I've been very scared. But feeling stronger now all the time. Best wishes to all. Xoxo.
Glad to hear the progress you are making and keep trying to get to your girlfriends house having help would be great


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Very good to hear you are improving. If you can work it out to go to your friend's that would be great. 7 hours is a long way but if you can plan to make some stops it still could be worth it. Maybe even split the trip into 2 days if you can afford to stay in a motel one night.
 
Let freedom ring! Released from rehab hospital today (the 4th) after almost 4 weeks in hospital and rehab. Walking with a cane. Extension is 110 degrees to 2 degrees. Scar is beautiful...really. Will be having home health visits in CA for next few weeks. Nurse for heart and lung followup and compression wraps, RT for lungs, PT and OT for joint recovery and strength. It's been a hard road but finally downhill! Have followup appts with cardiologist, pulmonologist and knee surgeon in early August. Have no data on my prosthesis....what's in there? I wish I had no heart damage but excited to have a working knee! Hope you are all doing well.
 
I am glad to hear you sound so good. What a journey you have had. I wish you all the best and continued progress!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom