TKR Left TKR 9/16/2024 and Right TKR 12/2/2024

You're blessed to be doing so well at only 3.5 weeks post op. I can see why you want your other knee replaced ASAP, since it's causing you pain in an otherwise great recovery. I hope you'll share your surgery date once you have it scheduled so we're able to follow your progress again and support you along the way! :)

If you will please identify which knee was replaced, we will add that info to your signature.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend, JGK!
@JGK
It was my left knee.
 
Progress Report- Post Op 6 weeks follow up. I'm currently NOT taking any pain medication and am back at work 100%. My PT was discontinued as I have already hit the goals. I was given the green light to schedule my right knee in December and I am currently waiting for a confirmation on the date. I asked to schedule a few PT secessions prior to next surgery for strengthening purposes. I am anxious to get the show on the road. While I know this is a long slow healing process, I feel like I am making good progress, and I can't wait to get the second one done ASAP. Once confirmed I'll get on the December List. Feeling Blessed.
Good Luck to Everyone,
 
Wow, @JGK, you are having a remarkably quick recovery! Glad it's going so well, but please be careful not to overdo.

We look forward to adding you to the December list when you get a date.
 
This is fantastic. I'm glad you've been able to get back to normal life and activity for the most part.
 
You're doing so well, JGK. :yay:
Glad you're making such good progress and hope you're able to get Righty scheduled soon.
A great rest of the week to you!
@JGK
 
I am scheduled for knee #2 on 12/02. I will update this thread as much as possible after the procedure to create a record of the experience for anyone that is interested.

Jim
 
Thank you, Jim! We appreciate that you'll take the time to share your journey for the benefit of others.
Less than a month to go now, but another month for Lefty to grow even stronger,
Lots of comfort to you as you await December 2nd.
@JGK
 
Wow, Jim, you are doing amazingly well! Definitely, not a normal recovery. I pray your next one goes as well.
 
Hello and Happy Two Month Anniversary, Jim!
I hope you had a good week so far and enjoy a wonderful weekend!
Take care and hang in there as you await Round 2 in 16 days.
Lots of comfort to you until then...well, afterward also. :wink:
@JGK
 
So perhaps I overdid it a little. I went to a local Mall last weekend and decided to walk stairs. The parking garage stairs were short and easy to maneuver. I went up and down them several times and by the time we finished shopping I had the sharpest pain in my calf muscle. It is still painful when I walk but I did go see my Dr in an effort to rule out a blood clot. Trying to nurse the left calf muscle back to health before next Monday's scheduled surgery on the right knee. Left knee is doing great, no pain just the calf muscle is problematic.

Good Luck to all.
Jim
 
So sorry to read that you're dealing with a painful strained calf muscle, Jim. Wondering if a warm heating pad and some gentle stretching or massage will bring relief? Hopefully you're able to get lots of rest and the pain eases soon. Only one week to go and you'll be back on the road to recovery. Just think what a great Summer 2025 you'll have. Sounds far off, but we all know how time flies.
Wishing you comfort and a good week! Thanks for the update. :wave:
@JGK
 
Right Knee TKR-12/2/2024
I arrived at the hospital at 5:30 am. I was scheduled #2 behind a hip. Went in around 9:30 and woke up in recovery around 11. I was admitted to the room where they scheduled a PT session. I knew they would remove the immobilizer requirement if I could do the 15 leg lifts from the previous knee replacement so I practiced before the surgery. I started leg lifts 20 minutes after I hit the bed and was easily doing 20 by PT time and the immobilizer was discarded forever. They poke and prodded all day and night but pretty much left me alone. I knew more about the ice machine operation then they did and I had to get a new one after a couple hours of use. Less restful overnight but no pain to speak of. I was determined to get home so I convinced the therapist to combine both my final sessions(walking and stairs) , got my release signed and went home. Only significant difference was the anesthesiologist offered an epidural instead of putting me out, I opted to duplicate the first knee and get knocked out. I’m home and icing, my pain level is a 3 maybe, I’ve been up and down the stairs and I’m doing my laps around the house every hour. Same pain meds etc as before and currently only taking Tylenol. Home PT starts tomorrow three times a week for two weeks. Stiffness is real and the left knee is handling the added responsibility well.
Feeling blessed and good luck to all.
Jim
 
If an admin could update the title with the 12/2 right knee I’d appreciate it.
 
Title updated! :flwrysmile:
 
Congrats and on your new knee and happy healing!
I hope your recovery is steady, easy and uneventful!
@JGK
 
One thing is for sure, I remember the good parts more than the bad parts. 3 days in, My extension is better this time at -6 but flexion leads more to be desired 67. Sleeping on the recliner this time around has solved my sleep issue, walking around the house and climbing the stairs and performing exercises seems more painful on this knee but I’m pushing on, slowly.

Good luck to all.

Jim
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom