THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

Hello @KisstheskyBrace
It’s good to hear you received reassurance and found it comforting. So now Easy Does It.
Fingers crossed this was a one time occurrence and you’re happily on your way.
Hope your weekend is a good one!
 
@KisstheskyBrace
Hugs - so very sorry to hear of the dislocation! Fingers and toes crossed that it is a one-off and you’ll be back in full action quickly.
Do you mind sharing with us how it happened? My surgery was around the time as yours, so if there are specific things to avoid at this stage of healing that would be great to know.
 
@Hipster-2 of course great question!

Well it's actually a little weird because I don't know what happened. I was sitting on the ground watching TV, I leaned over to grab some popcorn and I felt a pop and screamed. When I leaned over I obviously turned my leg/hip the wrong way somehow, or put weight on my hip in a bad way.

The strange thing is that I had been sitting on the ground for weeks with literally no issues. I had done PT exercises sitting on the floor just 3 days prior. The weekend before, my girlfriend and I took a blanket to a park and had a picnic, on the ground! I also had cleaned out under the sinks in my house and under the bed, allll while sitting on the ground.

So, I'm really not sure what I did different that day that caused the dislocation. But I was told by my surgeon now to avoid the ground or low chairs for the next 6-8 weeks.
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you continue to recover from the dislocation and don’t feel too restricted by your surgeon’s recommendations. Slow and easy and you’ll be back in no time.
Have a great week!
@KisstheskyBrace
 
@KisstheskyBrace
Thank you for sharing that. It is slightly terrifying that a displacement could happen with such simple basic movement, though! I make myself take every opportunity to clamber around on the ground, sit cross-legged, and do floor exercises in various positions to regain the mobility and flexibility I lost over the years to 2 bad hips - perhaps I shouldn’t do that.

I hope this painful episode is fast receding in your rear-view mirror at this point, and you are back to feeling string and pain-free.
 
My doctor recommended that I never again rest with my ankle on my knee, probably over conservative but still makes me squeamish when I hear of people sitting cross-legged. I'm not flexible enough anymore to sit that way anyway. :shrug:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom