Knitquilt
member
Hi All,
I guess I should update here. I’ve posted on the September Sapphire page and here and there, but I should post here so as not to derail anyone.
Back in January when I saw the surgeon for my post op appt. for my right hip, he said my left hip was ready, but as I wasn’t in much pain, I decided to wait - bad decision!! I’ve been in constant pain from May. I think the humidity we’ve had this summer hasn’t helped. Both hips ache and I’m hoping it’s just referred pain from the unoperated side.
My surgery will be with the same surgeon, but at a different hospital. I will be able to have clear fluids up to an hour before I report to the hospital - Gatoraide, Vitamin water, etc. They have encouraged me to drink lots and lots in the days right before surgery - I’ll be floating
Last time I had one week to prepare because I took a cancellation. While I have used this extra time to prepare for this second hip, I must admit it also gives me much more time to worry and be anxious. I just reread my entire thread and it does help ease my mind. I encourage anyone going through this to use this forum not only for the wonderful support, but as a recovery journal.
We sure have a gaggle of us with September surgery dates! @Alitm and other brave souls are having both done!
I guess I’ll post here until I’m in recovery, but in anticipation I’ve created my recovery thread:
Second round ...and I sure hope it goes as well as the first
And as always, it’s so good to see @Mojo333 and @Layla again
I guess I should update here. I’ve posted on the September Sapphire page and here and there, but I should post here so as not to derail anyone.
Back in January when I saw the surgeon for my post op appt. for my right hip, he said my left hip was ready, but as I wasn’t in much pain, I decided to wait - bad decision!! I’ve been in constant pain from May. I think the humidity we’ve had this summer hasn’t helped. Both hips ache and I’m hoping it’s just referred pain from the unoperated side.
My surgery will be with the same surgeon, but at a different hospital. I will be able to have clear fluids up to an hour before I report to the hospital - Gatoraide, Vitamin water, etc. They have encouraged me to drink lots and lots in the days right before surgery - I’ll be floating

Last time I had one week to prepare because I took a cancellation. While I have used this extra time to prepare for this second hip, I must admit it also gives me much more time to worry and be anxious. I just reread my entire thread and it does help ease my mind. I encourage anyone going through this to use this forum not only for the wonderful support, but as a recovery journal.
We sure have a gaggle of us with September surgery dates! @Alitm and other brave souls are having both done!
I guess I’ll post here until I’m in recovery, but in anticipation I’ve created my recovery thread:
Second round ...and I sure hope it goes as well as the first
And as always, it’s so good to see @Mojo333 and @Layla again

United States
