Guest viewing is limited

TKR kneeper's done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go back full time this coming Monday, and think I'll be okay as well. I know I'll be tired and ready to nap when I get home, but I'm up for the challenge of full days. I'm also going to take the elevator instead of the stairs. I figure I can save my energy for the important stuff! :ok:
Best wishes on going back full time. As tiring as it is, it feels good to be back in the saddle, so to speak. :happy dance:
 
It is good to be back today! I'm tired, but I'm sitting in study hall with ice packs on my knees as I type this! It's been a good day, and I'm happy to be "back in the saddle". Thanks for the encouragement. :wink1:
 
I am so glad for you. I know I have my painful moments still, but there are really good moments as well between the ice and sleep. I was watching one of my 9 yr. olds swinging her feet today as she was sitting down, and could not reach the floor. She was just a happy kid, and I thought that is neat and I am going to enjoy this day and this year. :biggrin:
 
Those are the moments we live for! :biggrin:

Today a student told me she was going to do something that is a huge trial for her, because we had talked about how it would be easy to walk away from it, but she would grow as a person if she faced the obstacle and learn from it! I was thrilled that my conversation with her led her to make a positive decision. Totally cool!:yes 4:
 
Absolutely! Now you know why I love working on here! :wink1:
 
No! Kids you can plonk in a chair or on the settee and say "STAY"! :th_heehee:
 
I only tell a few friends how fatigued I really get and how I'm not completely done healing. In my work situation I hesitate to show "weakness." Luckily I've been doing better week by week and putting in full days (plus at times).
And I am taking care of myself. I know that for me if I don't get enough sleep I tend to get sick.
 
I know what you mean. After school for this week and next my co-workers put me on the parent pick up line. All I have to do, is just like the ol PT days, step down a curb, open door, smile, shut door, step up on curb. Except as slow as a turtle , grimace on face, or even falling in front of moving car is not a good idea. :what:
 
Well, I’m just about a week past 4 months now. This week I really feel like I’ve turned a corner. The knee felt *good.*



Sure, it still gets stiff if I stand or sit too long and stairs are not a breeze yet. But I’m walking *comfortably.* I no longer have to think “do I really want to go down the hall for that?” like I did before the surgery. I can do a regular length grocery trip without clinging to the cart for dear life. I’m mostly taking Tylenol now for the other crunchy knee & the rotator cuff, not the new knee. I even banged my knee (not hard) this AM and it didn’t hurt. My ROM seems to match the other leg (not great, but serviceable—probably 115?) and I bet it will still improve a bit. So has it been worth it? Heck, yeah!:thumb:
 
:thumb:It must really feel great to know you've turned the corner and your knee is feeling good. I sure know the feeling of clinging to the cart for dear life while at the store. You will just keep getting better and better.
 
Ditto on the shopping cart! It's my lifeline when I'm at the store. :th_heehee:

Kneeper - it's great that you feel as if you've turned the corner. That's gotta be a great feeling - one many of us are waiting impatiently for! I'm going to try really hard NOT to think about the fact that for me, 4 months is still 2 months away!

Also - good job on the ROM - I would agree that it might still improve! Keep up the good work! :thumb:
 
Well, I've had a busy week on my feet more than usual. The new knee is handling it pretty well.:yes 4: The numb area is coming back and so the skin actually feels a bit sensitive. It's a strange feeling, but another sign of healing I think.. I haven't tried getting up and down off the floor yet, but I may try soon--when someone's here so I don't get stuck.:biggrin:

Now if only the other knee, ankle and rotator cuff would cooperate! :hissyfit:
 
Y'all are ahead of me, though. I did my first shopping last night at Sam's Club and I still held on to a walker for dear life, so a shopping cart seems like a step up! I'm eagerly awaiting when I've hit where all of you are now! :)
 
Question for the "old timers" ;) --I've noticed a couple of times when I've been trying for more bend I sense a sort of creaking or crunching. It doesn't hurt, but is strange. I'd like to believe it's scar tissue breaking up but that's probably not it. Maybe just the knee settling into its new patterns?
 
It could be a little of both, Kneeper......don't worry about it at all. During the recovery process you get all types of odd creaks and squeaks....maybe a few odd pains here and there too. They will come and go and then eventually for the most part be gone after 6 months to a year.
 
Question for the "old timers" ;) --I've noticed a couple of times when I've been trying for more bend I sense a sort of creaking or crunching. It doesn't hurt, but is strange. I'd like to believe it's scar tissue breaking up but that's probably not it. Maybe just the knee settling into its new patterns?

I too feel these creaks and croaks from my knee. There is a corner of my knee that really hurts when I move it sometimes, like a stab.Don't know if that is normal or I am experiencing something else.I know my IT Band was causing some really bad pains below the entire new knee, but working and massaging the Band, has helped alot, also the rice bag (heat)
Hope your strange creaking is gone... mine too!!!!!
Love those shopping carts Heidi!!!
 
Well, I've developed plantar fasciitis and tibial tendinitis in the foot opposite the operated knee. :hissyfit: It sure does take the mind off the knee. :biggrin:

The good news is that thanks to reading this forum & and Jamie's posts, I called the doc instead of struggling on for another week barely able to walk. They've got me in a walking boot setup to rest it and help with the inflammation. It does ease the pain. I'll check back in with the doc in 2 weeks and see a PT, probably for some exercises. The doc is very conscious of the TKR and wants to make sure this doesn't impede the knee recovery. So please wish me luck everyone...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom