Guest viewing is limited

MUA knee so stiff<<

It seems like they always blame it on scar tissue when they don't know what else it could be.
 
Why do you need to wait until the knee is 2 years old? What does he plan to do then? You might be wise to check with a revision specialist who can look at your knee and offer some ideas.
 
YES Surgeon rebuffed me again ! I Really think its because of the covid virus and patients attending hospital
and surgeons really not willing to do operations on lesser conditions like knees etc especially during these times so they defer people to later date. He said it looks like he will have to operate on knee but also said give it another six months if it does not improve then it will never improve unless he operate, but again what i heard many times that it will not improve it,
 
Today the real pain in both knees worst now than before replacements. Must admit its really getting me down now. will have to see DR if he can give me better pain killers
 
Hi All
Hope all are doing well , just a quick question here again- when can a person have a Bath after knee surgery - has here in my old house I got no shower just a old fashion bath :chinstroke:
I bought a transfer chair to go into my bathtub. It makes it so easy to get washed. It was not very expensive and totally worth it. I only needed to use it for about 2-3 weeks before I could stand in the tub. I would be glad to lend it to anyone who needs it. I put a non slip mat down in the tub. I also have a hand held shower head.
 
My Knee gets so painful when laying in bed which then results in extremely restless legs which keeps waking me up at nights= anyone got any ideas why this should be:scratch:.
 
Here’s an article from the Bonesmart library about restless legs:
 
@Jockette . Many thanks for the article it was extremely helpful but you know for me nothing is normal :chinstroke:

the sensation I am experiencing only effect the one leg the recent op leg and since the op, never had the condition before then, but will try the many remedies the article suggest,
 
For the last couple of days I had a real tender spot back of the calf , first tkr leg, thinking could I have another blood clot ,though not sure has this leg always been swollen since TKR, my leg aches ,though no redness around the area, my leg always look bluish , so really difficult to tell, will contact GP next week , but a telephone appointment may not be of help
 
No blood clot thank goodness- but my knees hurt so bad, so much worse than prior to knee replacement, spending days laying on the bed, this should not be this way especially when I read on here people riding bikes,walking back to some sort of normality but me OH NO ,just chronic pain in both knees and especially my more recent TKR:hissy:
 
Feel like all I do is moan about my knees but my Knees really unbelievably hurt, even a 100 yard walk is getting impossible without sitting down for hours afterward, its no good asking to see my surgeon, has this covid virus restrictions stop me from doing that, so got to wait to june and guess if my knees get the go ahead for more surgery it will be next year, walking with bended leg and crutches hurt my back and arms to sorry to moan but got to let of some steam
 
I’m so sorry this has turned out like this for you. I sure do wish I had a magic wand to fix your knees.
 
Thankyou @Jockette , really hate moaning but to be more disabled after TKR is not what I expected, I knew things would change, but not this, Its just a warning to many not every knee replacements are successful :bawl:
 
My knee is getting worse even a small walk now results in extreme pain, increasing pain meds, really need to see the GP to give me better pain relief if only I could get an appointment, either cannot see
surgeon neither because of covid putting pay to any hospital appointments
 
I’m so sorry that this is endless for you. I so wish someone could fix this for you.
 
Wow- Zingers in my leg has return BIG time , they so sharp nearly knocks me of my chair,
Pain has mentioned so many times is increasing big time too, to give it a score out of ten is now 9. finding it difficult to get enough sleep at night ,, walking getting extremely difficult too, all getting me down the
 
I'm so sorry your going through this. Just thinking out loud here, but it might be a good idea to go back to when you just came home from having your surgery. Meaning a schedule for pain meds around the clock. Also icing and elevating filling your day. Try that for several days and see if it makes any difference.
 
Need advice here , my leg getting so stiff now, can hardly move it , this whether I walk or rest it makes no difference. pain like I mentioned is increasing ten fold
 
I think you should reach out to your surgeon. Sorry you are going through this and hoping things start to improve.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom