MUA knee so stiff<<

Just wondering anyone who has an arthroscopy procedure the registrar said yesterday they will be taken a biopsy of scar tissue to be tested ,not sure I read anyone who mention this, is this common when having this procedure done
 
@bland9 As I understand it, it is standard procedure in any kind of surgery that takes a bit of tissue for the sample to be sent to pathology. Surgeons just need to be sure that what was taken out is only scar tissue and not something other that needs further attention.

I had an arthroscopic procedure on my left knee about +20 years ago to remove pieces of the meniscus that had gotten shredded ( surgeon's word) in a fall. And yes those pieces were sent to pathology.
 
I been using my crutches for nearly 2 years now, Being my right leg is very painful and cannot walk with straight leg, I been putting more weight on the other tkr leg, which has made that swollen and painful all in all which mean all my weight when walking is been put on my left shoulder and arm, which again in turn have made my arm /shoulder really hurt, sickly pain, getting very very tired with this pain, really hope my op is coming soon, moving house soon to a bungalow as cannot climb stairs anymore, but wow its hard work coming from large house to a small bungalow
 
got my blood testback all is normal apart from CPR which is raised 13, now put on waiting list for arthroscopic wash out and biopsy
 
@bland9 I hope you don't have long to wait for the scope and that they find out what is wrong. This has been going on for too long. Sometimes I don't think these surgeons take in account how much these "problems" take from the patients. It totally wears you out....body and mind not just the knee. I also had problems which ended with multiple surgeries and a lot of time. It is good that you bring your concerns and complaints here. Many of us know the frustration. If they don't find the problem while doing this scope. I would seriously look for another surgeon who specializes with revisions. Crutches and pain for 2 years is not normal. Will keep you in my prayers that they find something with the scope.
 
PegGar13@ You so right- today the mental side of my problems has been really bad has to late, feel really tearful today and struggling to face life, the pain is awful and the disability aspect of my knee is really effecting my life, cannot do much now only sit about and having to struggle going to work in such pain is awful too, and now having to downside my home has cannot cope with it any more, and top it all I have think either pull my muscle or torn it a little on my left arm because this too is really painful, do to putting all my weight when walking on my left side,
Really appreciate all on here who given such great support
 
and top it all I have think either pull my muscle or torn it a little on my left arm because this too is really painful, do to putting all my weight when walking on my left side,
Really appreciate all on here who given such great support

:console2::console2:
 
Try to relax if you can bland9! I know, easier said than done. This WILL all pass in time. We are all here for you, and prayers going up immediately.
 
Darn it! When it rains it pours. Hard to work the crutches with a bad arm. Do you have some one to talk to? I had a Dr/counselor that assured me that it was normal to have the depression and anxiety with everything that was going on. She did give me an RX to help with it all. It was also nice to have someone that I could vent out with face to face which in turn relieved my husband. I was so frustrated one day that I just broke down crying and the poor guy didn't know what to do or say.

Are you downsizing by choice? I hope you have a good day today.
 
Blast my leg hurt and now suffering from a restless leg. so painful , tingling, crawling feeling . I really had enough of this leg since my knee replacement, now move house into a retirement bungalow because of it, no sign of op yet, dont know how much more I can take, :gaah:
 
Over two years now -walking with bent knee and with crutches and with great pain since tkr. Today could hardly walk putting so much pressure on my other tkr knee. I'm getting so tired and weary living like this, no sight yet on the next small op on knee, to see what's wrong, told slight infection in knee , long wait list to have surgery in UK because of covid which delays so many ops
I'm now more disabled now since having knee done , can only do part time work just, having to move house to small bungalow , as can no longer climb stairs,
Sorry just need to moan as it's so difficult to live life to the full now:groan:
 
I wish we had an answer for you. :console2:
 
Well today contacted my Surgeon secretary to ask when my op will be done, has I in lots of pain, and was told In on the waiting list and the wait time is 2 YEARS, so will have to bare it up and buy myself a mobility scooter soon, has cannot face another 2 years on crutches
 
That’s awful that you have to wait so long. Wow.
 
The pain now is horrendous, need to see the Dr soon because I need stronger pain killers , the left older TKR is starting to really hurt too and swelling badly and showing more and more black marking this due to vascular problems caused by DVT in the past, plus me putting more weight on it , The
Covid pandemic has cause backlog to all OPS thats why the long wait,
 
Call your GP again and tell him/her you are getting worse.
 
Pain getting worse, legs so stiff even when after resting , really had enough of all this , life not worth living, has cannot do anything enjoyable anymore , walk, , even sitting while meditating getting very uncomfortable , people who knows me said the OP has age me, spoke to surgeon said Got to be patient and wait for the procedure has long wait list due to Covid, hate moaning but this is getting so tiring :dead:
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom