Grammy59
member
Hi Lee, well, surgery is done, and I pray that everything went well. Now comes the fun part-but you'll do great. Take it slow and easy and let us hear from you when you can.



, it's one week today...I'm still in hospital, but doing well, can get myself to the toilet now, although I do feel a little nervous about it. Having trouble with pain meds just can't seem to get a good one, Enderol, tramadol just don't like me, just manage with Panadol, but at times just not enough, Nursing staff talking with OS today.
I guess if I don't feel easy I will stay in hospital, there's no rush can't go on holiday

Congrats to your knee baby knees...one week old already!! So sorry that you're having trouble with pain meds. Hope you find something that helps ASAP....and then take it religiously! Yes, getting to that standing position...and back to sitting can be tough at first. But it gets better! Slow and steady...don't overdo it. And remember...you and those knees are in charge! So if you're not ready to shift from the walker to crutches (I never used crutches...used a cane)...then shift only when YOU feel comfortable. One and done girl...you did it!! 
, thank you for your post.
I know it's early days, and our home is set up for me, so not sure how I should be thinking.

For my first few weeks I was taking Tramadol...then four hours later Percocet...then 4 hours later Tramadol...ect. And I took that around the clock...even during the night. I wouldn't be 100% pain free, but I was comfortable...a 1 or 2 on a scale of 1 to 10 for pain. By the end of week 3 I was able to drop the Percocet and just take the Tramadol every 6 hours with Ibuprofen thrown in once in a while. I now take the Tramadol every 8 hours, and take a couple of Motrin in between, especially before or after PT. What I'm trying to say is that I was on much stronger meds right out. So see if your OS can figure out what you can take besides just Panadol, because you really need something stronger, especially since you are in severe pain! That is just not right!!! Also, I was supposed to go to a Rehab facility, but they closed admissions the day before I was supposed to go because they had a Norovirus outbreak. This nasty virus causes vomiting & diarrhea. No thanks!! So I actually went home late in the afternoon on Day 4 post-op. Thank goodness I had everything ready for my homecoming before I left for surgery. If you decide to go home, you'll need someone to help watch you during the day/night. I can remember only needing some help for the first few nights getting up to use the bathroom so my husband or daughter would sleep on the couch to watch out for me. After a few nights I could get up and lay down on my own, so I sent everyone off to sleep in their own beds. I needed family to make me meals for the first week or so, but then I started heading into the kitchen with my walker and getting things myself. I wrote down when I took meds so I wouldn't forget, and I followed Bonesmart's advice of what I should be doing those first few weeks...basically lots of rest, elevation, ice, and pain meds. And I did just fine!!!
Looking back, I'm glad I went home early. It took 5 days or so for home PT to get started, and it was nice to have that break. Your OS is so right...physio is not your top priority at this early stage of the game. I've been really bad about saying NO if physio is too painful, and every time I let the physio go a little crazy my knees get very upset! I'm learning to take things slow and steady. Bend through the stretch, and when you start to feel pain ease up. You'll stretch farther and farther soon enough, but progress is SLOW. And that's normal! I know this is just a ton of information...so sorry to ramble. Wish I could be there to give you a hug and tell you to cheer up!!!

, even did toilet and shower by myself
, but still on the big frame, just can't manage the smaller one yet!! I suppose it will take time.....just wish I would have had a good leg, would make it so much easier.
, many thanks for your help, so much appreciated.

, I was on a good percentage of those Meds just after surgery but they made me so sick and I just couldn't stay awake, my surgeon ordered the Panadol every 4 hours and also the other horrible meds, so now I taking a slow release pain med and it has just started to kick in this afternoon, I'm actually feeling good, as I said to Kathy I went to the toilet and also showered myself, but I am worn out now
I'm just a bit behind the eight ball because I had a scopy last October, I will have my husband to help at home and our home is nearly wheelchair friendly so I will be able to scoot around on the walker. I'm just so looking forward to getting out in the sunshine
and seeing my (Spoodle) Mollie
.

, how are you going? I'm just starting to feel a bit more normal again this afternoon
, thank goodness, it's a trial and error thing I think. Yes I have felt tons of time like wilting, I just need a few hugs as we all do.


, so sorry you both feel dizzy, maybe we have some little gremlin luking in our shiny new knees, I hope he settles down soon.
I hope they find out what's causing it with your blood tests.

United States

For me sleep was an issue and it took quite while before I was able to sleep right through...frustrating, tiring, but it came good after a few weeks.


that's what I love about this website so much help and friendly people
, I'm so glad I found it.






There are challenges but just being home was so nice. Especially having my cat with me. And I know your pup will be so happy to see you!
I managed to unload and then reload the dishwasher and change laundry from washer to the dryer. AND I even microwaved a dinner. 
think I might turn into a bear and hibernate then maybe my knees will be as good as gold, dreaming I think..