Guest viewing is limited

KiKi60's Recovery Thread

Yes, GrannyC it is going quite well, and I have had much less pain than so many BS folks seem to have through my entire experience, I just can't complain or feel sorry for myself at all. I think I was just surprised at the differences between physical therapy's expectations and the surgeon's. My surgeon seemed to feel I am moving ahead too quickly, while I thought I was being compliant and making good progress. I guess I expected a gold star :yay: , and didn't get one, poor me! Not a big deal, most of the precautions are now habit anyway.
 
Between my soft bones and too stretchy muscles, maybe I should change my profile pic to Elastigirl, from the movie, "The Incredibles"!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] KiKi60's Recovery Thread
    elastigirl.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 133
Hello Bonesmarties!

I logged on tonight and saw I have not updated in nearly 2 months! So here goes:

I went back to work on Sept. 18th, after 10 weeks off, and despite thinking since I'd spent so much time on here, that I was a big smarty pants and knew just everything about how to recover from THR, I found I was wrong. My first week back to work I really tried to jump back in and of course OVER DID IT!. My first day back I saw on my calendar I was due to participate the following day in some large orientations for new staff. Didn't want to let down my co-workers after being off for 10 weeks, of course. :bignono: So 3 hours of standing and teaching later, the hip said "Stop this!" but then I went on to run some errands after work, too, of course. My hip ached and I was completely mentally exhausted as well. Also forgot some of my work passwords :nah:and was really forgetful and absent minded that entire week; very frustrating, but yes the energy drain was in full effect. I eventually realized I needed to slow down, so came back to resting/elevating/icing in the evenings, and spreading out activities and errands where possible. Now at the end of my second week back at work, I am feeling much better, but I'm still being conscious of not doing too much standing/walking in one day. So that's where I am now. I had much less pain and other side effects after my surgery and during recovery than so many other folks here on BS do, but now I've learned the hard way I still have a lot of healing to do. Hope others are doing well.
 
@KiKi60 Healing goes on for many months post op. For some it can take a year or more. Sounds like you are now listening to that new hip. Easing into any activity is the best approach.

I hope you have a restful weekend!
 
Agree with all the long-term healing observations. And work really tests you.
Hope you have a great weekend.
 
:wave:@KiKi60
Just noticed you are adding your husband to our hippy hubbub.

Are you filling him in and practicing up on your I told you sos?:)
I do hope he does well...and glad you turned him on to the forum.
It sure was a help to me!

Hope you are continuing to do well:tada:
 
Hey, Mojo, I just noticed this post!

Yes, husband is going in tomorrow for his new hip, and we have been reviewing and talking about pain mgmt, etc.
He's had to stop his Meloxicam of course, so by now he quite uncomfortable and can't wait to get this over with and get to the other side! I am doing well except for a mild impingement, most likely iliopsoas, which makes it painful to ride my horse right now, but working on it with PT; slowly improving: Patience! :fingersx:. Other than that one year later I have ZERO pain. So glad I did it! Hope you are doing well, too, and thanks for your work on the Forum.

k
 
Happy One Year Anniversary @KiKi60
Hope you get the impingement worked out. Otherwise you sound well!
Good Luck to hubs today. Now it's your turn to play caregiver.
Best wishes to you both!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom