THR Kelly's Right Hip Recovery

Let’s see Monday at five weeks!! I worked three days in a row and Am s little stiff!!

I work as a security person, so lots of walking and standing. I actually feel fine today, I just work s few days a week, so today it is back to yard work!! With the drought in Minnesota the trees are loosing leaves like crazy. It is 2000 leaf pickup today!! I long for the evergreens of Montana!! Deciduous trees just shed leaves and sticks like crazy!!!

My new flower beds are marked, I look forward to being able to spend two hours in the garden bending without a cranky hip!!

I have put away all the hiking poles and crutches. The walker which I never used for walking I now use to get in and out of a deep jacuzzi tub!! I feel pretty normal today but I am a little stiff when I first get up!!

Yesterday I worked 11 hours at a gate. I did have a chair so I could sit down sometimes. It was a plastic folding chair and by the end of the day I was getting up by pressing on the front of the chair!!! I notice that I feel stiff when I first get up, like I have to stand still for 30 seconds before I walk forward!! But today I am fine just walked the dog for two miles, our normal twice a day walk!!

She is a corgi and needs the exercise, I guess I do too since I also feel better this morning!!

I have a six week checkup and I do need some formal pt since my muscles are still week! Yesterday I sat on a really low toilet and it was a struggle to get back up!!! I had to put my hands on the seat to help me push up, my legs were not up to it!!!

It sounds like you're doing very well overall, Kelly. I hope you have a good six week check up.
Can you wear earplugs at the concerts if you're not a fan of the artist performing?
Saw your post elsewhere, :heehee: Have fun!
@skigirl

Wow I just counted up and I am six weeks out!!! I still feel stiffness when I first stand up and I do need some pt for week muscles!!!

But otherwise I am working three days per week!!

Kelly,
How are you doing at almost 3 months?
From your last report sounds like you will be more than ready to hit the slopes this winter.

Knock - Knock...we're looking for you.:capn: I'm guessing you'd say "Catch me if you can!"
I'm certain you're back living life to the fullest. Stopping by to wish you a Happy Three Month Anniversary.
Hopefully all is well. :)
@skigirl

@skigirl I can't let our mutual 3-month anniversary go by without wishing you a Happy Three Month Anniversary. I hope you are doing well and having fun. I am getting my energy back, and that is great! Onward and upward, my hippy friend.

Hi Kelly :wave: HappyFour Month Anniversary!
I hope all is well, assuming so and guessing you're back and fully engaged in life once again.
A great holiday season to you if we don't hear from you before then.
@skigirl

Layla, nice to hear from you!! You were a faithful poster during the hip recovery. With the second hip it was just ho hum another recovery!!! I am planning on skiing in December at Whistler this year and will teach at Buck Hill here in Minneapolis. It is nice to walk around without pain!!

Kelly,
Great to hear from you! Happy to hear you will be going to Whistler and continue to teach skiing at Buck Hill this year.
We are getting a pretty good snowfall in the Sierras today, a couple of resorts are open, and more will open this weekend.
Have a great ski season!
Chris

Go Kelly! You are a brave one taking on the slopes. I know skiing is a great love and second nature for you. I hope you have a great ski season both in Minnesota and on your travels elsewhere.
Stay safe, be well, enjoy the holidays and Whistler!
@skigirl

You two both know that I have to ski--it is just part of my life. I love that feeling of swishing over the snow. I did get some shorter skis so that I don't have any torque on my knees or hips. They are so easy to ski I am amazed at myself!! Maybe I will never so back to my stiffer skis!!! Thanks to both of you for your many encouraging posts. Both of you are always kind and informative. even when faced with a hard headed red head who was not going to take it easy!!

I just finished putting 19 bags of leaves outside my house for pick up!! The rest of them I put on my new garden beds. I decided that I cannot live without flowers so I had a landscape person design flower beds for my yard. She put in soil, compost and then bark on top. It looks nice although a little empty. I bought a few plants but the landscape person has been dropping off stuff that she digs out of other people's yard--so I am slowly filling the garden. I want to do some seeds this summer too. I find I cannot live without sun flowers---especiall the orange Mexican sunflowers! and without nasturtiums which grow beautifull from seeds. My soil was so poor before that I could not keep some things going, but now with the power soil, things are flourishing in the garden.

Now, If we could just get some rain next summer I think things will be okay. It is so much easier to work in the yard with the new hips. My back was really beginning to bother me with the stiff hips. Now, I can put my hands flat on the floor again and do Pilates twice a week. I walk the dog two miles a day, so I feel like the hips are settling into the new body quite nicely!!

My gosh,, you are amazing! Wishing you many happy (ski) trails this season!!

@skigirl I have checked here quite often looking for another post from you. It sounds like you are doing great! I'm glad to know you are enjoying life even more now. I hope you will enjoy your skiing this winter. Take care.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom