OP
OP
skigirl

skigirl

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
United States United States
bronze
Let’s see Monday at five weeks!! I worked three days in a row and Am s little stiff!!

I work as a security person, so lots of walking and standing. I actually feel fine today, I just work s few days a week, so today it is back to yard work!! With the drought in Minnesota the trees are loosing leaves like crazy. It is 2000 leaf pickup today!! I long for the evergreens of Montana!! Deciduous trees just shed leaves and sticks like crazy!!!

My new flower beds are marked, I look forward to being able to spend two hours in the garden bending without a cranky hip!!

I have put away all the hiking poles and crutches. The walker which I never used for walking I now use to get in and out of a deep jacuzzi tub!! I feel pretty normal today but I am a little stiff when I first get up!!

Yesterday I worked 11 hours at a gate. I did have a chair so I could sit down sometimes. It was a plastic folding chair and by the end of the day I was getting up by pressing on the front of the chair!!! I notice that I feel stiff when I first get up, like I have to stand still for 30 seconds before I walk forward!! But today I am fine just walked the dog for two miles, our normal twice a day walk!!

She is a corgi and needs the exercise, I guess I do too since I also feel better this morning!!

I have a six week checkup and I do need some formal pt since my muscles are still week! Yesterday I sat on a really low toilet and it was a struggle to get back up!!! I had to put my hands on the seat to help me push up, my legs were not up to it!!!

Layla

Staff member since November 20, 2017
BoneSmart Staff
Country
It sounds like you're doing very well overall, Kelly. I hope you have a good six week check up.
Can you wear earplugs at the concerts if you're not a fan of the artist performing?
Saw your post elsewhere, :heehee: Have fun!
@skigirl

OP
OP
skigirl

skigirl

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
bronze
Wow I just counted up and I am six weeks out!!! I still feel stiffness when I first stand up and I do need some pt for week muscles!!!

But otherwise I am working three days per week!!

Layla

BoneSmart Staff
Country
Knock - Knock...we're looking for you.:capn: I'm guessing you'd say "Catch me if you can!"
I'm certain you're back living life to the fullest. Stopping by to wish you a Happy Three Month Anniversary.
Hopefully all is well. :)
@skigirl

wander03

Country
@skigirl I can't let our mutual 3-month anniversary go by without wishing you a Happy Three Month Anniversary. I hope you are doing well and having fun. I am getting my energy back, and that is great! Onward and upward, my hippy friend.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Amy99
Recent bookmarks
Top Bottom