Guest viewing is limited

THR Kayak59's Left SuperPath Hip Replacement Recovery

Day 14 and I'm feeling depressed. My recovery is not progressing as fast as I thought it would. I still have to use the walker as a cane is too painful for both hips. Having the inner thigh/groin pain as well as on the outside of the hip. I think I still have the bursitis in both hips which is causing the outside pain. I'm going to see the ortho doc in 3 weeks and will ask for cortisone shots in both hips although I may make an earlier appointment. Had my first water physical therapy session and I really liked it. I think I'll be able to do more with less pain in the water. The PT confirmed that my hip was really weak even for a traditional HR method at this time. I know my hip will heal in its own time and I guess there is no rush. I have been having a lot of trouble with my right hand -- pain and dropping things -- and saw the hand surgeon today. Scheduled that surgery for 4 weeks from now. Not a big deal, he'll take off the bone spur and trapezium and stuff a piece of tendon from my wrist in its place. But 3 months in a splint! Sigh..... I guess my main activity this summer will be walking! Although I'll be taking my kayak out to a calm lake to check out my paddling ability as soon as I can get in it!
 
No Wise words here either.
The Hip is only a month old so literally loads of healing to be done.
And best wishes with the other issues.
Joe........
 
Had my 2nd water PT and I really like it. I can do more with less pain and feel like I'm making progress. Still using the walker but went to the ortho doc and got cortisone shots for my bursitis. He is having me do some exercises and says this should help. Hopefully I'll be on the cane in a few days.
 
@kayak59, just one word of advice here; patience! Good grief, another surgery? No wonder you feel the blues! Who wouldn't, eh?

I hope the water therapy is very beneficial; it was for me.

Did your surgeon confirm bursitis? I'm guessing yes since you received Cortisone injections. Hopefully those will carry you to feeling better shortly!
 
No wise words from here either as I know nothing about the subject. Best advice is definitely to be patient. As for your hip, I think you will find it just keeps gradually improving on its own. If you think back to how things were one week after surgery, then two weeks and three, you will see how much better it is now than it was then. It seems like it is taking forever, but really it is only weeks at this point. Hang in there!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom