THR Kay9s Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chortle, more cute than me anyway

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Just wondering how you are. Used to follow your posts and hoped I would recover as quickly as you seemed to.
 
Hi @forestje I just got an email alert to say you had posted on here:) thankyou for asking after me. I hope your own recovery is going well ( I havnt had time to read here for ages so am out of the loop a bit, but will have a lookee in a bit) and that you are as happy with your hip as I am with mine.

Im doing great:yes:. Its like Ive never had that hip replaced and its just my own hip but healthy. I can do anything ( and I do :eyebrows:) and Im wearing my big heels again:ok:

I saw a different consultant yesterday about my other hip being done, apparently its as bad as the left one was but I find that hard to believe as its causing me no pain:shrug: And Ive got a cyst on the bone so Im going to be having the hip replaced in around 7-8 weeks. If the 2nd recovery is as good as this one, I will be a very happy hippy:spin:.

Hello fellow hippy friends, hope everyone is well:wave:
 
Grand lass and oooooo get you in the heels

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hello lass I always knew you would burst thru this whole thing. I'm well impressed with your attitude and achievements

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Aww thankyou @Legin I appreciate that. :). Its a long journey but a positive attitude can really help it cant it?

( I guess being a little bit mad helps too:thumb:)
I hope things are good on planet Legin:cheers:
 
Hi @Kay9
Lovely to see your post. I was thinking of you yesterday when i saw a dramatic pair of red high heels on someone with literally red dyed hair! I love to hear it when someone says:

"Its like Ive never had that hip replaced and its just my own hip but healthy. I can do anything ( and I do :eyebrows:) and Im wearing my big heels again:ok: "

My hip is good but i fell on the stairs and broke bones and ligaments in my foot, all I was doing was walking down stairs and missed the last step. I wasn't wearing high heels and was not climbing through windows (aah fond memories!) .
 
Ground control to those shoes....
All grand with me and define sanity as in itself there is scope for insanity....

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @copsham :wave:How is your poor foot?:sad: You have certainly gone through the ringer! But you still have your sense of humour:thumb:. ( I haven't climbed through any windows lately either :cool:)

Bright red hair is good:yes: I had it that colour once. Ive had it done in more colours than Joseph had in his coat:snork:.

I love love love my new hip:loveshwr: It just feels so natural and just a part of me, I forget its a pretendy one:). The only thing I cant do, still, is lay on that side:chinstroke: It still feels slightly achy to do that for some reason. Im hoping I can soon though, because I dont want to have to go back to months of horrible " back" sleeping when I have my other hip done.

I guess you haven't had much chance to enjoy your new hip, what with breaking your foot?:sad: How frustrating! You always sound so cheerful, but it cant be easy for you. I hope you're getting more and more mobile as time goes by though.

Hi @Legin , i couldnt even begin to try to define sanity, as its eluded me most of my life:dubious:
 
Hi @Kay I had a couple of months of enjoying the new hip and proof that it was strong and capable. We did a week in Corsica in April and it was such a relief not to be thinking of the hip. I could walk, not huge distances but enough to enjoy the change. The evening before I fell, in June, I said I must be systematic in developing my walking distance. My bodies answer was "not yet" !!! Who says everything happens for a reason?

Life is a real roller coaster. I feel that I have had a taste of being older, before I was ready for it.

(Just went back to your climbing through the window post in your thread - it made me laugh out loud again as well as @Legin s responses to you)


[Bonesmart.org] Kay9s Recovery
 
Hi @copsham , sorry I didnt realise you had posted, Im not getting email alerts now for some reason?:unsure:.

At least you know your new hip is strong and capable, so you can enjoy that new hip once your foot is mended. Such rubbish luck to have broken it just as you were beginning to reap the benefits of the op though, I dont know how you seem to stay so upbeat, Id be literally pulling my hair out!:hairpulling:

I have so little time lately to visit here, Im playing catch-up with work (Im self employed and lost a lot of money while recovering) and between trying to earn some money, caring for my Daughter and normal daily chores/shopping etc, I dont get on here much at all. Then theres the usual battle of trying to wrestle the Ipad from my Daughter:sigh:.

Im in a strange mood lately, Ive developed a very irrational fear of having my other hip done. And Ive no idea why:shrug:. Theres totally no reason to feel like this. My recovery from the left THR has been amazing, the op itself was a huge success, Im in no pain apart from slightly if I try to sleep on that side, and I can do everything I used to do before my hip was bad. I even tentatively experimented to see if I could still do the splits, and incredibly, I can, so my new hip is amazing!
But the thought of doing this all again soon is filling me with dread. Im usually a very positive upbeat person, so I dont know why Im feeling like this lately. Hopefully itll go away and I will start looking forward to another new hip. I wish I was having the same surgeon as before, maybe thats whats worrying me?

I havnt climbed through any windows lately :wink: Although I did go up the ladder to help a cat off the roof, but thats another story:)
 
Actually @Josephine or @Jamie , could you point me to where you found out my last surgeons stats? My new surgeon is Mr Shardlow...I would like to find out how many ops he does a year and how he compares to Mr Sandhu. Thankyou in advance :flwrysmile:
 
I'm sure the dread come from having to let go this new found freedom for a while and there is a bit hey I'm doing fine so why change it. But you know that hip is past its use by stage and they can go down quickly esp those who have the Speedy Gonzalez gene.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Kay9 , I enjoyed reading your update and that you can wear high-heels. Like your new hip, mine feels natural but better. And like you, I do what I want to do when I want to do it (with the new hip), including climbing. I climbed up the ladder to our attic and got some things down from there to tidy up a bit.
I understand your fear of getting the new hip done. I'd agree with Legin concerning this: Worry about your newly acquired freedom. I wish you all the best for your other hip replacement, and it would be nice if we could keep in touch on Bonesmart and read about this other recovery, too. Hugs - Constanze
 
Yep you are probably right @Legin , you usually are :snork:

Im just feeling good and healthy and able to do everything, then I have to go and do the other, and go through all the healing, restrictions, loss of independence, sleepless nights ( says she at gone 3am) and using sticks etc. bit frustrating...especially for the Speedy Gonzales gene I seem to have, as you noted legin :heehee:
 
Hi @Constanze , you sound as if your new hip is living proof we can and do get to that point where the hip feels totally natural:thumb:

Thankyou for your good wishes, I shall most certainly be on here updating and asking many questions again, im sure. :)
 
Me right noooooooooo. 3am, you writing your memoirs? Just think tho be good to have no more worries. What sort of business do you have, bet its a speed camera confudler.


Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom