TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

You are right ! I forgot about having to do quad sets on “ both” my knees! I hope it works For you to wake up those “ sleepy “ quads.
 
Lifting both legs at the same time made it easier for me to work on lifting my surgery knee. It helps.
 
Please know that a TENS machine is not for muscle stimulation. It is used for pain management. If your quad muscles are not functioning properly at this point in your recovery, it is not recommended that you try and "jolt" them into action with stimulation. It is not appropriate to use the EMS machine in this manner either. You risk doing damage when you try to make your body do something it is not ready to do yet.

Some quads just take time. Be patient! Yours will activate when they are ready. Do the exercises with both legs and when the time is right, both legs will work.
 
Last edited:
are we allowed to share links on this forum?
Of course you can just as long as you're not promoting commercial sites.
Have you tried working both of your legs at the same time?
It's also called 'imaging' and was first successfully used on hemiplegic stroke patients where it was found that by using both arms at the same time, the paralysed one would also respond.
 
Great news! Last night I slept in bed for the first time since surgery, oh it felt so good. And I noticed that I was able to move my leg around in bed a little easier. Then when I was showering, I was able to lift my leg up over the tub much easier. So this afternoon I sat down on the toilet and directed all the Force at my quad and was able to lift my foot up about 4 inches off the ground! Hallelujah! It was painful but not excruciating.
 
Good for you! It is a moment to cheer when you can lift your leg over the tub!
 
That is fantastic! Isn't it amazing how things some people take for granted are huge achievements for us? You are on the way, girl!
 
Yay you! Today the tub, tomorrow the world. Glad to hear your quad is waking up. :)
 
Slept in bed again last night. I woke up in considerable discomfort because I think I "exercise" my knee a lot in my sleep! It worked itself out pretty quickly as I walked around. I have to go down half a flight of stairs to let the dog out, and as I was coming back up, I dared to try two steps with my left leg. I did lean heavily on the handrails but by golly my left knee did some work!
 
Last edited:
Admin I want to change my title but the menu to do so has disappeared! Can you change it to Katchmo's Recovery: Sleepy quad is waking up!
 
Sounds good! I always had those wakey-achy knee pains that, like yours, worked out quickly upon walking around. The day comes when they go away and you wake up with pain-free knees. Glad the quad is perking up!
 
When I showed my husband what I could do this morning , he asked me if I was ready to schedule the second one. Uuuuuuummmm no.
 
Yippee! What big steps you are taking now! Your recovery is hopping right along now!
 
Don’t get too cocky with all your improvements, take them slowly!
Keep the knee happy!
 
But it was fun, wasn’t it!
A taste of things to come. :spin:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom