TKR karol723's Recovery Thread

Karol, I am so sorry Daisy isn't feeling well. I am really sorry. What do they suspect is cause of the liver problem? I hope the antibiotics help. Do you think that her having two days of NPO have just thrown her off? Perhaps her favorite foods? I pray she will start eating and feel better. :console2:
 
Thanks everyone, they aren't sure exactly what the cause is, said some inflammatory process.Could be a bacterial disease, liver storage disease, not sure. Want to keep on meds for @ 4 weeks and recheck levels. She got up when Bill got home and offered her 1/2 milkbone! Also I got her to drink a little water and eat a small amount of food. Hoping by morning she will be feeling a little better. Will pick up her meds tomorrow morning. Thanks for all your caring words, it means alot to me. I will try to take it one day at a time and not expect the worst !
 
I'm sorry @karol723 about Daisy. Love my furbabies so much but don't handle it well at all when they get sick. Breaks my heart that they don't understand what is happening and they can't verbalize how they feel.
Hopefully if it is bacterial she will respond well to the antibiotics. Love on your baby all you can! ((((Hugs))))
 
It sounds really encouraging that Daisy is drinking water and eating some! I will add Daisy to my prayer list!
 
Poor Daisy! When she had the sonogram of her liver somehow she hurt her back. They use some sort of holder,putting the dog on their back. Must've moved wrong & pulled a muscle. So, it was back to the vet today, shot to relax her which knocked her out completely! At least she stopped panting and shaking. Got a muscle relaxer, the vet was going to give her Tramadol. Ha, still have mine leftover and she can use it. Unreal what this poor dog has been through lately. Icimg and elevating now. With all that's been going on with the dog I'm having trouble finding time for the knee. So now between antibiotic, liver support pills, muscle relaxer and tramadol the dog is on 5 meds-yikes !!!I sure hope things settle down around here soon. Hubby & I didn't get much sleep last night, up with Daisy shaking and panting. Tonight hopefully we all sleep.
 
This cold rainy weather has been making my knees feel so tight. Hope the sun comes out soon. Daisy doing much better. Didn't even need any more pain !meds. Tough little beagle. Hope everyone out there is doing OK.
 
Sorry to read about your dog's health. We are more emotional than usual in our state. Our body has been majorly assaulted with surgery. But everyone that has a tkr comes out of the experience much stronger!
Hope your doggy gets better soon! :)
 
Thank you Creation for your kind words. For right now at least Daisy is going fine. She is s very strong, determined little beagle. You mentioned being more emotional after our surgery. I have been wondering about that. Seems I can just hear a sad song, or watch the news and before I know it I'm all choked up trying not to cry. l also get stressed out and overwhelmed so easily. Not every day, or all the time, but now & then. Watching the dog when she was feeling really bad was just awful. What you said made so much sense, I'm glad you pointed it out.
 
I'm glad Daisy is feeling better. It is very difficult to watch our pets be ill and not know exactly how to help them. You've been through a lot in a sort period of time with your two surgeries and little Daisy being ill. It does seem I also cry much more frequently now too. Hug your baby and just take each day as it comes.
 
Nice to hear that Daisy is still doing better! My german shepherd is 13 years old and I worry about her age and my mini dachshund constantly digs her way out from our fenced yard. Our furbabies are so sweet and have nothing but love to give us.
Can't wait until I can start walking them again!
 
Weather here is finally improving, looking forward to walking the beagles with my husband Bill.
@Glamg1979 , our dogs are so supportive when we aren't feeling well. It's hard to watch them getting older, isn't it? We can take comfort in knowing that we have given them a good life while they are here.
I slept without a pillow under my knees last night. Legs feel straighter this morning. I also think maybe I will take Tylenol extra strength once or twice s day for awhile. I was still doing that at this point with my last TKR. I've had alot of stiffness in both knees lately, especially the newest one. I remember Josephine saying this is a form of pain. I was so glad to get off the Tramadol, made me want to not take anything. May not be quite ready for that yet. Hope everyone is doing well with their knees today.
For Christmas my husband got me a record player and we finally got it hooked up. Found a record store out east on Long Island and bought some vinyl albums. Actually found an album of Roxy Music tat we use to listen to when dating, also Patsy Cline, Beatles, and others. They sound wonderful,so much better than the newer forms of music. I would recommend it for anyone who really appreciates how music can make you feel.
 
Hi, haven't been on here for a few days. Guess that's because life is slowly getting back to normal. I have been reminded how easy it is to get exhausted St this point in recovery (@4 1/2 weeks). Yesterday my mother-in-law needed to go to Stat Health. Her back was hurting for a few days, she needed me to take her there. Ha, her daughter had lunch plans with s friend!!!! Well, it ended up being an all day thing. After seeing the doc, having x-rays, taking her to lunch and back to Stat for the x-ray disc she forgot, we still weren't done. Off to drug store for her prescription and grocery store to pick up stuff she might need for day or two. Nothing serious found wrong with her back, must've pulled the or strained it somehow. Glad she's OK, but all that running around, driving and sitting really wore me out. Then got s text from my daughter that she's having relationship problems with her boyfriend and doesn't know how she can go on!!!!!!! Scared me because she has had a history of depression. I was up all night with heartburn, not sure if it was the home fries at lunch, the much needed glass of wine when I got home, or the stress, probably combination . Feel like I want to hide from it all today. But, as all of you parents out there know I would go running in s heartbeat if my daughter needed me today. Sorry, just needed to vent and get some of this out of my head. Feel OK as far as my knee, just kinda worn out this morning :(
 
Karol, I am sorry. Life has a way of dumping all at once. You are one of those special people in this world - the kind and caring daughter in law that is always there. In my life, the daughter in laws' good deeds never compare to the "things" the daughter does. Thank you for being the person you are.

Wow. Daughters can be our greatest joy and our greatest sorrow. Trust me, I know. I do hope your daughter will see her own value in life and realize she is worthy with or without a man in her life. Sometimes, as mothers, all we can do is "love them through it". Prayers for you and your daughter.

Now, on the bright side.....your knee did great through a long day! That is wonderful news. I am still not up to snuff as far as my stamina and wonder if i ever will be! We will just have to keep plugging along. A little secret: drink the wine a little earlier in the day - it helps with the heartburn! Hahahaha! If you do have heartburn, lay on your left side. It keeps the acid from entering your esophagus because of the postioning of the stomach. Hugs to you.
 
@Timetolive,
Karol, I am sorry. Life has a way of dumping all at once. You are one of those special people in this world - the kind and caring daughter in law that is always there. In my life, the daughter in laws' good deeds never compare to the "things" the daughter does. Thank you for being the

Wow. Daughters can be our greatest joy and our greatest sorrow. Trust me, I know. I do hope your daughter will see her own value in life and realize she is worthy with or without a man in her life. Sometimes, as mothers, all we can do is "love them through it". Prayers for you and your daughter.

Now, on the bright side.....your knee did great through a long day! That is wonderful news. I am still not up to snuff as far as my stamina and wonder if i ever will be! We will just have to keep plugging along. A little secret: drink the wine a little earlier in the day - it helps with the heartburn! Hahahaha! If you do have heartburn, lay on your left side. It keeps the acid from entering your esophagus because of the postioning of the stomach. Hugs to you.
 
@Timetolive, your words always help so much, I really appreciate your advice so much. I'm feeling better, although the knee has let me know I overdid it a bit. Trying to baby it for the last day or so, but it's still quite achy.
Daisy has been doing great! She will have blood work done again on Thursday to see how she is doing. Hoping the medication she's been on has helped. She is acting like her old self, so I am hopeful.

My daughter had decided to give it "one more try" with her fiancée, not sure it's the right thing for her, but she must make her own choices. You are so right sometimes all we can do is "love them through it". Wish sometimes that the experience we've had could save them from the pain.

Need to work for a few hours today. Hope you have a good day. Thanks for the wine advice too !!!
 
My knees seem to be doing pretty well recently. As long as I don't overdo it and get off my feet now & then, I'm OK. Interesting thing, my lower back has been acting up lately. I would imagine it's from some of the strange positions I manage to get into wile trying to get comfortable overnight. The right knee is still sensitive during the night, only 5 months old now. Still working on walking properly too. So easy to get back into bad habits when tired, and that's probably why the lower back has been acting up. Tylenol and getting off my feet seems to help, hopefully will be better in time.

My little beagle "Daisy" has been feeling good. She stays right by me most of the time. Feels like she's telling me " we'll get through this Mom". She will have her blood work redone next Thursday, hope her liver enzymes are looking better.

Hope everyone has a good restful night.
 
Karol, this is a long recovery, isn't it? Sounds like you are doing the best you can. I agree about falling back into old habits. I am also trying to work on walking properly. I have to consciously turn my foot inward and concentrate on extension. You are doing great focusing on your recovery. Hang in there!

I am glad Daisy seems to be feeling good. Praying for good blood work!
 
Feeling good this morning. My husband belongs to our local Rotary Club. Last night we went to a dinner/dance they have for people who have hosted "gift of life," children who have come to this country for open heart surgery. We hosted 2 children and their Moms over the years, so we were invited. I was able to wear 2 1/2 " heels and dance with my husband (slow dances, nothing crazy). Felt so good to be out enjoying life again. Fortunately I feel good this morning too. Wasn't sure how I would feel waking up, not wearing my trusty very supportive sneakers, but no problem, hallelujah !!!

Now I need to get stronger and lose a few lbs. Had to change a few times before oi was able to et into a dress and not feel like an overstuffed sausage! It will give me something to focus on other than my knee. Will just need to remember not to overdo it.
 
Yay! For special nights! What a blessing you and your husband must have been to those two families. Thank you for being the special person you are.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom