PKR JusticeRider’s rehab adventure

So wonderful to hear from you!!!

I hope you're able to get some good massage work to help relax and open your hip to assist the stretching.

Yes, I’m a big believer in massage! It was a huge help with my knee. My PT does manual release, which is helpful. But it is not the same. I haven’t had a massage since my massage therapist moved away in the spring. She was so good, I am so sad she’s gone! It might be time to search for another…

@sistersinhim , thank you! I think it will just take time, giving my hip what it should have gotten before, and retraining it. But the good news is, it is rarely painful. It just doesn’t know how (and doesn’t particularly want to) move in certain ways. And other muscles have compensated and taken over for it, so those must be retrained too. But it’s more tightness than pain. And only when I try to externally or internally rotate during abduction. So it only bothers me when I ride, and even then it doesn’t really hurt. But I do need it to move the way it’s supposed to for my riding. It will get there, I know it! :)

So glad to hear from you that all's well.
You are doing amazingly with all your hiking and riding. I know what you mean about your hip/ other knee and not wanting further surgery if possible. This is a tough journey for many of us and not one to be undertaken lightly.

It's so nice to read your positive update and feel your enthusiasm and grateful attitude.
You have big plans and your future looks bright. We're thankful you joined us here and for the support you offered to others. Hope to see you on the forum as time allows. Best Wishes, JR!
@JusticeRider

@MSuki , thank you! I have been following your journey, and you have a fantastic attitude and calm determination that is sure to help you through this long process of recovery. You’re doing so well!

@EalingGran , my fellow PKR of a rarer kind :) It’s been great to watch your journey too, and your support and encouragement have been priceless. I’m so impressed by your steady and sensible recovery. You’re an inspiration!

@Layla , though we’ve never met, your kindness shines through in your words. Your gentle support of all who pass through BoneSmart is a healing balm to those who struggle. Thank you for what you do.

A heartfelt thank you for your very kind words, JusticeRider.
May your year be full of blessings!
@JusticeRider

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Hyde