THR just a little update

@froggymom.
Always good hearing from you. Lets hope you can get some answers from your knee scan so you can at least formulate a plan of action. Talk about long journeys eh ?
Can I ask you a question please ?
How did get on after your knee arthroscopy. I had one done last week and I'm hopeful it will improve things.
My wear was just behind the kneecap and the rest of the knee was fine according to OS.
I'd appreciate any help/advice you can give me.
I think I said before I feel I'm similar to you but in reverse. Hips first then knees.
No need to hurry with the reply if your tired.
Cheers Froggy.
Joe.........
 
Hi Joe it sure has been a long journey. My surgery didn't seem to get me much relief the recovery wasn't bad I seem to have a implant that didn't fuse right. I honestly keep thinking the next procedure will make the pain stop but it hasn't. I hope that your feeling better from your procedure and that this will be the last surgery. Thank you for being such a good osmosl and it made me smile to think about us being twin. Haha ttake care and have a blessed night. :angel:
 
Not sure when you had your op, I'm 7 weeks post op and still have the groin pain but it's easing I can walk now unaided whereas last week I was limping much worse, also hv the stabbing shooting pains, taken my last lyrica today seeing doc tomoro hope he gives me some more as they take the edge off, hope you are improving, this site has been amazing though so helpful and supportive, I'm not medically trained so can't offer any proper advice just wanted you to know you are not alone with these pains


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Hi jak1 I'm three months out on April 10. I still have the groin pain but it's way better its more just nagging and burning. I'm still walking with a limp but I'm also having pain in my knee implant. My original surgery

was January 10. it does get
better I just seem to get all
the problems. Thank you for
taking the time to respond to
me its so cool your in dubai take care and have a blessed night



 
Hi Joe thank you for checking up on me. Wednesday is my appointment with the surgeon. I had the bone scan on Tuesday. The pain in my groin on my right hip is back to a ten pain as well as my right knee. My left knee is coming up on as bad as the other knee. The bone scan is from my hips to my toes so I pray that my answers lie in that bone scan. My fear is that I won't get the answer to help me. I've been spending alot of time reading here my sleep is almost none. I've been trying to keep my spirits up and keep trooping on. Once again Joe thank you for all your much needed support and kkindness. I've been reading you helping others to. Your one of the good guys. Take care Joe and have a blessed day. :angel:
 
@froggymom, you were so hopeful before your surgery and I feel awful, just awful, that it's been one big pain in the rear after another for you since the surgery. How did your appointment with the surgeon go? Any answers from the bone scan?
 
Hi Froggy.
Hoe did your scan go. Are you any nearer a solution to you pain and discomfort.
Hopes and Prayers.
Joe.....
 
Hi chatterz and Joe thank you for checking up on me

I did see the surgeon but it was the physician assistant and she said that the scan showed possible loosening and infection but that Dr Ron James had the final day and she would call me by the end of the day I got a call saying my knee wasn't loose and to get labs. So I did. Still no word.

I'm going to make an appointment and be sure I see the Dr. I'm at my end with this. Something is wrong. I read the report on the scan I didn't understand a whole lot but it was clear something is wrong with my knee and possibly my hip.

When I see my primary in two weeks I will ask to see a decision from - I'm all done crying but last night I was in so much pain I cried a lot. I'm not imagining the pain, my knee and my groin are looking me.

I will get proper care I'll keep going till I do. I feel like I'm betraying my friend but I'm in pain. Thanks you guys I feel much better talking this out and thank you both for looking in on me. I hope you both are doing well.

Take care and have a blessed night
 
@froggymom

ou know one of the best things about Bonesmart is "we love all our children" (did I say we). Not only does Bonesmart encourage people who are recovering well. The forum also is particularly helpful to those who have difficult, painful and challenging issues with there knees and hips. Unfortunately at this time you tick all these boxes so we are here collectively to help and guide you on your way to a better life. And a better life is there because I feel that most all your problems have a solution.

I know only too well how pain and the feeling of helplessness affects the mind and urge you to keep an eye on your psychological well being. @Miss Muffet might help you along in this regard if she's not out biking.

Also you are not imagining the pain, it is real and needs to be addressed by professionals who are focused on you and perhaps not on there past mishaps if there are any.

I find it odd to say the least that your OS didn't meet you personally given the distress that you are in. Then someone phones to say nothing is wrong with your replacements.

I'm coming round to the Idea that you may need to go to another totally unattached surgeon (knee and hip in one) with your scans and reports to get an unbiased opinion on how to progress. Josephine is the most experienced person on this forum in relation to both hips and knees and I'm sure she can be of help to you.

Anyone else who's had similar issues feel free to jump in here also.

Stick with us Froggy and we'll stick with you. At some point you'll "wake up where the clouds are far behind You".

Joe.........
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning Joe I hope you are well. It seems like I always have a strange line or two in my post ominous the phone and the auto correct seems to make sure that something gets changed of well. Leave it to me to have more than one issue.

It's OK my bonesmart family is always here. Take care Joe and have a blessed day ,
 
I made the same cock up.
Posted before I was finished.
The whole message is up there now.
Joe......
 
Froggymom,
Sorry you are still in limbo about what is going on with your knee or hip.
If you post your report here, Josephine may be able to help you with it. Be sure to hide your name etc.
Autocorrect does create some strange sentences.
 
Hi Joe thank you for checking up on me my Easter was great I hope that your Easter was great to I so blessed to have the sons that I do. Seeing my primary Dr Monday I'm taking the bonescan report and asking for a ct scan on both hips. I called the orthopedic surgeon and asked for a appointment with him and got a appointment with the pa do I called back and explained I needed to have infection labs results and to see the orthopedic surgeon. So finally I got a appointment for may 31 I hope the scan on my knees show why so much pain. I can't post the scan report I don't no how to use the computer. I'm still in pain in my groin on my right hip. I'll keep the head up and stay positive everyone have a blessed night. What is a thread starter in my title
 
Hi froggymom.
It just means you are the original poster of your recovery story. I have read many of your posts and feel so sorry that you have suffered so much in your recovery. Hope you manage to get the ct scan sorted out on Monday. You know, I think Joe is right about seeing another experienced surgeon for a second opinion. Something definitely seems to be wrong and you need to find out what it is. Glad that you have at least managed to get an appt with your surgeon for May 31. Let's hope he can shed some light on why you should be in pain.
Take care of yourself,
Diane x
 
Hey Froggymom.
Well done standing up for your issues and not being fobbed off by the experts. Now that you have the wind in your sails I think you will push for solutions. It doesn't help the pain but I'm sure you feel a little more in control when your doing something.
I suggest to you like before to get your notebook and Jot down your 3 or 4 issues that you have and tell him you want answers and a treatment path. Could I also suggest you take a note down to tell him that is him/her you want to see at all appointments because of your complications. If he/she tries to tell you that everything is fine then your next step is someone else who will listen to you and not themselves.
If you decide to go to another surgeon then Bonesmart will know the best in Western Sacramento so that you can good and proper secondary treatment.
I feel that your solutions lie somewhere in the near future so keep the spirits up and crack on.
And well done with your newfound confidence and assertiveness. Best wishes to your Lads also.
Go Girl.
Joe.......
 
Great post and advice @Irish Joe.

@froggymom , I've followed your story and we are routing for you :)

As a suggestion, you may want to contact UC Davis Medical Center orthopedic dept, they are a teaching university with locations in Sacto. They have an excellent reputation and may be able to help if your surgeon comes up short.
 
Back
Top Bottom