THR just a little update

Sorry to hear about your painful headaches! I hope it all passes soon, although, I guess I should remind you about that $20 you owe me, since you're having memory issues. Just kidding! You have a great attitude, so I know that you can handle this. Hang in there!
 
thank you everyone it sure does brighten up my day to come see all you still looking in on me. Yesterday I got my 19 staples out and the doctor says it all seems well. I'm having that icepick stabbing pain non stop in my groin I'm hoping I'm just still healing its so horrible if I manage to fall asleep I'm waking up crying the pain is so bad.:bawl: and I thought my knee implant would stop hurting but it so painful. If in three weeks when I get xrays on them it shows nothing I'm requesting a ct scan. I no I have chronic pain but Something is wrong. I'll just try to be strong and keep praying something gives. Thank you everyone it sure does brighten my world to have my bone smart family and it gives me strength to do this painful journey. Everyone take and God bless you all and I hope everyone's journey continues to get better.:prayer::fingersx: :hi:
 
@froggymom, so sorry to hear you are suffering badly. I assume you reported this to the surgeon yesterday. What were his suggestions about how to deal with this pain?
 
Sorry to hear that ! Hope it all settles down and yes Def get some tests done if things don't impove. Sending you lots of love and we'll wishes.
 
I'm on 10 mg percocet two every four to six hours and 15 mg morphine two times a day. I told the Dr about the pain and he just kept on talking to his medical students About statistics in my other hip replacement that had mrsa and said are you in a lot of pain and ordered more meds. Thanks everyone. Take care and have a blessed night
 
Froggy.
So sorry to hear of your pain and discomfort. @Josephine may have some insights into your pain management. You seem to be on very little pain meds so soon after THR. That stabbing pain could be nerve pain and you don't seem to be on anything for that though I'm not knowledgeable in these matters. Perhaps you could ring your Regular Doctor and tell them what's happening and ask is there something else you can take.
I am willing to bet that your discomfort and pain is in the main temporary but you certainly sound like you need to take the edge off.
A couple of prayers From Ireland are on there way to Western Sacramento. Hang in there Froggymom.
Joe..........
 
So sorry to hear you are having a rough time @froggymom . I will be thinking about you and sending positive thoughts an prayers your way. I agree with Irish Joe, maybe call and see if you can get some different pain meds.
 
Thank you Irish for the nice post. I will try my primary Dr but he's anti pain med so in the mean time I'll up the gabapentin I'm on for my nerve pain and see how that works. I sure do hope its nerve pain but its the exact same icepick pain that was taking me out prior to surgery. My Is said he wasn't sure why I was in excruciating pain beside the arthritis and bone on bone pain prior to surgery and during the surgery he found six dice shaped pieces of bone causing me a lot of pain I wonder if its something like that but I won't no till the 22 and about any till I see the surgeon. thank you Irish Joe for your kind support. Take care and god bless. Tweetybrd its good to near from you thank you for keeping an eye on me in amidst if your recovery. I hope all continues to go well. Take care and have a blessed day.:prayer::hi::chillpill::SUNsmile:
 
Oh @froggymom! I am sorry to hear that you are in such pain. You must suffer until the 22nd? That is all kinds of wrong. I hope that your primary care physician can help you with something to relieve your pain. I can't believe he would want you to suffer. Pain meds are so important to help with the recovery. Dang. Did he make his wife chew on a washcloth during childbirth? It's barbaric. I'll say a prayer for you that something good comes your way and helps lessen your pain so you can begin to recover.
 
@froggymom My Percocet said 1-2 pills so I took 2 I was in so much pain initially. My groin hurt, I could only sleep an hour or two at a time and would wake up with a lot of pain. Then one day the pain stopped. Be patient, take good care of your body one day at a time and one day soon this will all be behind you.
 
@froggymom Hi there so sorry you are having a rough time. I agree with the need for more meds to combat the pain you have. I see someone tagged Josephine so maybe she can help. Prayers on the way from across the pond. Good luck and keep us posted
 
@froggymom Sure hope things have eased for you. Are you icing and elevating as much as you can during the day?

We are all here for you! Josephine should be back on the forum on Monday.
 
Take good care. Very regular pain meds ( I set a timer) and loads of ice, rest and elevating got me through my rough patch. Also, of course getting on BoneSmart at all hours of the day and night was a god send. You will get through this!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom