June 2012 - Are You Having Knee Surgery In June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm a little wary of a surgeon who stints on pain meds. I understand the rational, but still worry about post op, especially since the hospital called wanting to know if I was interested in aroma therapy, music therapy, or reiki!
These are on offer for pain management. I got back from Woodstock in 1969 ;0 When someone with a bonesaw is going to work on me, I want real drugs?!?!? Kumbaya with a side of patchouli just isn't going to cut it. Am I nuts?

:hysterical: Rosi - that did make me laugh :loll:.

I'm hoping for real drugs too!!
 
There are many things that I can endure, but losing my sense of humor is not one of them. If I'm able to give myself and others a giggle or two, I'm a happy girl. I did write several entries in a blog during my recovery in 2005. Not sure if links are allowed, but I would be happy to share my not so reverent observations.:secretaea:
 
Hi friends, please add me to the Sunbeam list for June 5th along with Vicledsome...that day is rapidly approaching and I don't feel as brave as a month ago!!
 
Will think about you both on Tuesday and look for you soon on the knee recovery side. I will be right behind you.
:thumb:
 
Well surgery is 4 days away. Nervous, excited, scared, can't wait. I know everything will be good, but still feel that way. I should be able to come home on Sunday. The docotor will arrange for home health to come out to my home. Got to get alot of things done these last 4 days.
 
Well surgery is 4 days away. Nervous, excited, scared, can't wait. I know everything will be good, but still feel that way. I should be able to come home on Sunday. The docotor will arrange for home health to come out to my home. Got to get alot of things done these last 4 days.

Hi Gamecock,

It's good to be busy these last few days - helps keep one's mind off things. We are both scheduled for June 7th! Feel free to open your own thread here meanwhile, if there's anything on your mind, so everyone will see it and give support. And of course, afterwards, on "the other side"!
 
Hello, Gamecock, and welcome to the forum. We are happy you have joined us here. Please start a thread of your own in the Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area. With your own thread, all us BoneSmarties have a specific place to go to answer your questions and concerns.

When you first click in to the Pre-Op Area, you will see a blue oblong in the upper left that says "New Thread". If you click on this a message box comes up. You determine the title of your thread and then type in your post.

We have great info for you, so start a thread so we can post it directly to you.

Again, welcome and take care. We care.
 
Hi! I am having knee replacements on June 11 (left) and June 15 (right). Thank you for this excellent forum! I look forward to chatting more.

:yay:
 
Hi Gamecock,

It's good to be busy these last few days - helps keep one's mind off things. We are both scheduled for June 7th! Feel free to open your own thread here meanwhile, if there's anything on your mind, so everyone will see it and give support. And of course, afterwards, on "the other side"!

Make that three on the 7th! Good luck!!!!!
 
Hi! I am having knee replacements on June 11 (left) and June 15 (right). Thank you for this excellent forum! I look forward to chatting more.

:yay:

Same day, different knee.....I feel cowardly considering what you will endure. Not sure they could get me back in the OR on the day I should be going home. I'll definitely remember your dates and be sending good thoughts your way.
:thumb:
 
Hi! I am having knee replacements on June 11 (left) and June 15 (right). Thank you for this excellent forum! I look forward to chatting more./QUOTE]

Hi! Pamularia, and welcome to the forum. We are happy you have joined us here. I had both knees done a few days apart, and I am delighted with the results. I think you will be too.

Please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Area. When you first click into it, you will see a blue oblong on the upper left side that says "New Thread". Just click on that and a message box will open for you. You make up your own title for your thread and make your first post. If you have your own thread, it is much easier for everyone posting on the forum to find you so they can chat with you about your specific questions and concerns.

I look forward to seeing your new thread and posting to you there.
 
i haven't been around for awhile, on to the left knee june 19. rt tkr done in oct 10 i have new found information from this site, thank you
 
Hi Gamecock and Bassplayer, I too am scheduled for my surgery on June 7th. I am having my right knee done first and then 3 months after that my left knee.
I expect we are all experiencing the whole range of usual emotions before surgery, anticipation, anxiety, fear (?), excitement and whatever else is left. I have felt them all lol.
I just want to say good luck to you both and to all the other bonesmarties that are scheduled for June. See you on the other side and I will be thinking of you two especially.
Best of luck,
Vivien x

You too jmps !!
 
I am scheduled to have my partial knee replacement (3/7/11) revised to a TKA on the right due to loose components on June 18th. So I'll be joining the June gang! Lets all hang in there together.:thumb:
Brenda
LPKA (11/3/08) and RPKA (3/7/11). Several arthoscopies both knees.
 
Hi,

I just joined and my TKR is June 29. I have my pre-op with the doc on Monday and have a list of questions, but wanted to hear from others what questions to ask?

Thanks! Silver
 
Just received my arrival time for Monday. Must be there at 11:10 am. Yikes, starting to feel inevitable. How are the other 6/11 people doing? Any plans to keep yourself occupied this weekend?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom