Guest viewing is limited

June 2012 - Are You Having Knee Surgery In June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be pretty calm with surgery just five days away. Probably because I'm not home and visiting new grandson. Second new grandson in three months. Three floors of stairs to do here though are making me wish for surgery TOMORROW. Can't go to park or long walk with 2 year old gs. My newest concern is that I have group b strep in urine. Just finished cipro two weeks ago now on amoxicillin. So my newest concern is that am I going to always have to worry about ANY kind of infection. And will it go to my knee joint and cause me to Lise leg or something like that. Intend to think of the worst that can happen. I just don't want to always be worrying ifninhave a bladder infection. Hurry up surgery.
 
The best to all of the June Sunbeams! :thumb:


JUNE SURGERY LIST

Week 1
June 1 Blakqueen (Kim)
June 1 Jacky48
June 4 Lori
June 4 Janet2012 (Janet)
June 5 Vicledsome

Week 2
June 6 Reetpteet
June 7 Coniglietta

Week 3
June 11 JoyWest
June 11 Susu
June 13 drnscr
June 13 Phoenixx29
June 18 MsScarlett
June 18 MerryKaye (Karen)

Week 4
Your name here :biggrin:

Week 5
June 27 Redbedhead (Anna)
June 27 Pnkpony
TBD
June ? ladyj
 
LTKR on June 26!!!

Had uni on the right in 2005 - ugh, total disaster. Had four more surgeries (two open, two arthroscopic) to try to make it right. Finally converted to TKR in 2010. RELIEF!!!!

Now having LTKR on the 26th. Pain is so terrible, just counting the days.

A little nervous because I am going to a different hospital with a different surgeon. After the problems with the other surgeon group, I did more research. This surgeon is rated top 10% in the field skill-wise but his bedside manner - eeewwwwww!

Just looking forward to ANY mobility at this point!
 
@ MaryGrace

I'm glad I am not the only one that was silly enough to watch an online video! Bad idea! I have had it done before (RTKR) and I STILL found it highly disturbiing, couldn't even finish! LOL

I have a terrible toothache that I have been putting on the back burner waiting for this surgery, treating with Orajel and Motrin. Now that i am within 7 days of surgery, Motrin is no longer allowed. OOOOWWWWEEEEEE, the pain from the toothache really distracts me from the upcoming knee surgery!!!!! LOL

3 more days!
 
Wanda; IMPORTANT!!! Have you discussed your dental problem with your surgeon??? Usually they prefer that all dental issues and infections are resolved prior to surgery. Please call and check on Monday! You wouldn't want to get to the hospital and have the whole thing canceled. Have you seen a dentist at all to know what the problem is?
 
@ Jamie
Yep, surgeon knows. I had a tooth crack from, it seems, grinding my teeth in my sleep. Saw my dentist. No infection present. Thanks, good to know that folks are looking out for me!
 
Whew!!! Okay......I'll calm down!!!! :whistle: We DO tend to care heaps and bounds for all our BoneSmarties! You're part of a worldwide family now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom