July 2013 Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My way, does that mean we need to start a party for all of you July Sparkler's? Nothing better than celebrating the new found freedom each of you will experience after recovery! Life as you know it will change! You will start making plans WITHOUT thinking about if it will cause you to be in pain! I am working on my "Bucket List" and have already accomplished 2, 1. Buying a cabin on the lake with a loft, and having our master bedroom in the loft, and 2. Going to Tennessee to the CMA music festival and doing lots if walking and dancing! :happydance:
 
July 1 TKR scheduled. 61 y/o. Rt. knee. Hopeful but anxious.
 
mg, you won't be sorry you will feel much better. Just remember to work that new knee. The exercises are so important. I had my first one January of this year and now I am getting the other one done July 17th. Not looking forward to going through another surgery but I am looking forward to no pain.
Best of luck to you!!!

Soomething my Doctor told me that made alot of sense... He said that 80 minutes was his part of this surgery and the rest is up to you! :puppysmooze:
 
mg, you won't be sorry you will feel much better. Just remember to work that new knee. The exercises are so important. I had my first one January of this year and now I am getting the other one done July 17th. Not looking forward to going through another surgery but I am looking forward to no pain.
Best of luck to you!!!

Soomething my Doctor told me that made alot of sense... He said that 80 minutes was his part of this surgery and the rest is up to you! :puppysmooze:

Thanks so much for the encouragement. Had a sigmoid colectomy done last August and it was much better in terms of recovery than I had anticipated. Am hoping for the same result here. I know that there will be pain, and I am certain with the meds I can handle that. My concern is what I would term "excruciating" pain. My doc says that there is pain but it is controlled with the meds initially and that after a few weeks it becomes manageable. I have no idea yet what the rehab will be - I am committed to doing it. In your case, was it 3 X/day for 30 minutes? 4X /day for an hour? I know everyone is different both in their pain responses and their tolerance level, but some general idea would help. I have also read that when you are not doing the rehab you should be resting. anyway, I will see on July 1 to be sure. Thanks again.
 
Best wishes to all of you! As far as pain goes, the pain meds keep the pain under control for most people! I found that my body started forgetting to take them and that was when I knew it was time to cut down. I listened to the knee about pain, and had excellent results as far as pain meds went! Don't worry about pain! Soon, your life will change forever after recovering from the surgery and rehab! Life is wonderful now! :happydance:
 
Thanks to all. Less than 2 weeks away and counting!
 
Hi all,
Going in for bi-lateral TKR on July 3rd. I've been a carpenter for 36 years and I find I can't really perform my trade any more. I've still got a couple of years before retirement so I'm hoping this surgery will let me keep working albeit at a reduced capacity.
I went thru the PT, cortisone, and syn-visc therapies...all with less than desired results. This is my last option.
Having both done at once is a little daunting but I am not one to shy away from hard work to achieve a desired goal.
For the last month I've been getting my house and body ready for the big day. I workout 4 or 5 days a week and have lost about 20 pounds. I split my time between cardio and strength training....mostly legs.
I'm glad to have found this forum. It is really nice to share ideas and concerns with folks who are going or have gone thru exactly what I am about to.
Well, I plan on logging on here daily and I will keep you apprised of my progress and I'm sure I will be asking plenty of questions in the coming weeks.
 
Hi all,
Going in for bi-lateral TKR on July 3rd.
Well, I plan on logging on here daily and I will keep you apprised of my progress and I'm sure I will be asking plenty of questions in the coming weeks.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. Will be looking forward to your progress updates. Hopefully you won't have to cut back on your workload for too long and that your new knees will give you a newfound life.
Pam
 
@badhatharry: Good Luck to you! Sounds as if you have suffered long enough. If you haven't already checked out the "library" section, try to read the articles. They are truly helpful. We'll all be here supporting each other as we Sparkle in July.
 
Hi Badhatharry,
Welcome to the July club. I'll be having my RTKR one month from today, and like you it's been a while coming to this through all the therapies. The forum has been a Godsend as I read and learn from all of the advice, articles and sharing with others as they go through the process. I'm still swimming for cardio and doing a little weight training, but it's getting harder everyday. Really looking forward to getting my active life back...hiking, riding my motorcycle, traveling, etc. Also noticed you are from Kent. I worked for the City of Kent P&R dept. for 5 years back in the late 80's before my husband got transferred. I wish you all the best and look forward to sharing this adventure with you over the next few months.
 
[Bonesmart.org] July 2013 Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
mgdurand1 and badhatharry, you have both been officially added to the July surgery list!
 
[Bonesmart.org] July 2013 Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

Welcome July Sparklers....all those who are getting a new knee joint in the month of July!

Join our team and enjoy the company of other folks who will be going through surgery and recovery right with you. The team approach really helps because you can support each other through similar experiences.

So post here and officially begin to develop that sparkling new personality....the one that smiles a lot because arthritis pain is gonna be GONE!!


I am having a total LKR 10th July
 
Hi all I'm having RTKR on July 9th and tentatively scheduled for the left the second week of September. I have a pre-op appointment this Friday (6/28) and I'm wondering what questions I should ask? I have a list of a few but any others would be welcome. Thanks in advance, hope we all have a speedy recovery.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom