BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. Announcing BoneSmart's NEW Joint Surgeon Locator tool

We are pleased to now offer a tool to help you find just the right surgeon for your needs. If your surgeon is not listed, please let us know and we'll get them added.

Read more about this in this announcement:

Dismiss Notice

[THR] Juanita's Hip Recovery

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by Ryesgma, May 12, 2019.

1. Layla

Layla FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

United States United States
    I think you'll need to make it clear on Wednesday that you're not fine by any means. Explaining that your pain has escalated over the months since surgery, rather than decrease to the point of unbearable at times, making it difficult if not impossible to find relief. In addition mentioning you experience episodes of instability which is stalling your progress. Plain and simple....tell your OS that you understand it can take a full year, even longer for some while making steady improvement along the way, but that's not how it's happening for you. You have to be strong, assertive, persistent and advocate for yourself, no one else is going to do it for you. It's that....or remain status quo.
    Best of luck!
    @Ryesgma

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ryesgma

Ryesgma member

@Layla thank you so much for the words of encouragement:console2: I appreciate it . I will do that , I can't tell you enough how much all the support and advice I have received on this forum has helped me :yes!: you guys are amazing , I think my husband is taking me tomorrow to the ER (not giving me a choice lol) fingers crossed all goes well:fingersx: I will let you know how it goes:angel:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mojo333

Mojo333 FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

At least they can check your bloods and so forth...
    I do not hink you should be having increasing pain with no obvious reason.
    Hope you get some answers. :angel:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Ryesgma

Ryesgma member

Well tomorrow is the big day:loveshwr: hopefully I will have an answer to why I'm hurting so bad . I'm going to go in with a positive attitude and make sure they figure it out:yes!:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Layla

Wishing you all the best with your appointment tomorrow!
    I hope you go in armed with a list of questions and leave with answers, or a plan that will bring you relief.
    Please let us know how it goes.
    @Ryesgma

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. CricketHip

CricketHip FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

Best wishes for a good consult tomorrow!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Elf1

Elf1 graduate

@Ryesgma wishing you the best tomorrow with your consult, hoping you get the answers you need and a plan to end your pain.
    :angel:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Mojo333

I, too, hope you get some answers.
    Good on you for mustering up the positive attitude to approach this.
    I know it can be hard when we hurt and are anxious.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ryesgma

Ryesgma member

Well so much for the positive attitude lol , I still have no answers :groan: my os did order blood work and a x-ray , said he would call me when he had all the results in . I am able to go online and see the results of my blood work , only two were in . One being the esr test which was low and this is a test they use to see if there's any inflammation and my WBC was elevated so I'm not sure how they're going to interpret these two . I'm still waiting for the results from my c reactive protein and my WBC differential.

I just have a really bad feeling that they're going to tell me that there's nothing wrong and that this will be my new normal:boohoo: I don't think that mentally I can handle having to live in constant pain. The pain I'm experiencing now is worse than my arthritis pain before I had the replacement . Sorry to go on but I guess I needed to vent :cry:

10. CricketHip

CricketHip FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

Keep the faith @Ryesgma wait until all of the tests are in.. if this surgeon draws a zero then maybe it's time to look into another team of doctors who can weigh in.. we are here with you.. we'll wait this out with you.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ryesgma

Ryesgma member

I heard back from the os that did my thr and he says my blood work is good and my x-ray shows nothing out of place , but still no reason for my constant pain:bawl: he said he was going to consult with some other drs but at this point I have lost all hope , I guess I'm going to live the rest of my life in pain !!! I wish I would've been able to live with the arthritis because this pain is much worse.im tired of being less of a person , all I wanted was to get back to normal , sorry for the rant but I needed to get this out :tantrum:

12. Layla

I'm sorry. I can only try to imagine your frustration. While it's a relief they're ruling out serious problems, it doesn't ease the physical pain you're suffering. Hopefully as your OS consults with colleagues, someone comes up with a suggestion that could eventually bring you relief. Hang in there and let us know what you hear. Sending a hug and wishing you comfort and resolution.
    @Ryesgma

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Ryesgma

Ryesgma member

Well I just heard back from my os and he is thinking it something from my gyn surgery and wants me to talk to his colleague who is a gynecologist and can get me into physical therapy for pelvic floor issues , I declined because I know for a fact it's in my hip!!! So he's not going to investigate this any further , I guess I just have to live in pain , no one is helping me (as I'm writing this tears are rolling down my face) I really didn't want this to be my new normal but here I am .wishing I never had this thr done .

14. Layla

Well, if I may, I think you're making a mistake. Humor him, meet with the gynecologist. What if it's referred pain from your pelvic region that your feeling in your hip? You have had medical issues and procedures within close proximity to your hip. I wouldn't leave any stone unturned in an effort to find relief. Don't settle for this as your new normal. You don't have to...that's a choice your making and a mistake in my estimation. Keep plodding forward. We'll be here to support and encourage you. I wouldn't have declined so quickly. I'd call back, explaining you impulsively rejected a consultation and ask for a few days to give it all some thought...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Ryesgma

Ryesgma member

I'm going to be calling member services tomorrow and asking to go see a new os , unfortunately my hip joint is now hurting with every step I take . I'm not going to give up but I am going to find a new os , and I did consider talking to the gyn that my surgeon wanted me to but I know my body and I know for sure it's in my hip joint and the leg all the way down. I just simply want to get to the bottom of this and move on with my life pain free :angel:

16. Ryesgma

Ryesgma member

I thought I should explain my reasoning for going to a new os , I simply want a second opinion and maybe finally get answers . I do agree with you Layla that maybe I shouldn't have said no to my surgeon today but I have a great gyn that I have been following up with and he has completely cleared me . And to start over with a new gyn would just in my opinion delay any relief I could possibly get .

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Ryesgma

Ryesgma member

I spoke with the gyn that did my surgery and he believes that going in for physical therapy for my pelvic floor is unnecessary due to the fact that I'm having no issues . I'm relieved to hear that , I've also scheduled an appointment with another os , so at this point it's a wait and see what happens with the new surgeon:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mojo333

Glad you are going to get a second opinion...I am sorry this has been such a struggle.
    Hang in there @Ryesgma :friends:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Layla

Good to hear. I'm glad you're not settling for status quo. You deserve relief after all you've been through and hopefully this is a step in the right direction. Will look forward to an update, so please stay in touch, we're here for you.
    Enjoy the holiday weekend!
    @Ryesgma

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. Ryesgma

Ryesgma member

Wondering if anyone knows what I can do for pain relief while I wait to see my Dr :sos: I'm really not feeling well at all . And I don't want to have to be constantly taking pills , any advice would be greatly appreciated:happydance: