Revision TKR Jolease's knee saga part 3<^

@Celle It was originally a pkr that was revised( fixed a impingement ) to another pkr. Surgeon felt everything was good besides that, he should of done the full then!. So now things are even worse. I will be getting it revised to a tkr,but I’d really like to know what has made my leg and knee in this much pain if x-rays apparently look good. I am waiting for second opinion but they said 8-12 weeks and it’s now been 7 ,so I’m praying I get the call everyday with a date. The irritation and leg issue never stops. The pain is anytime I am walking with the odd shooting pain here and there while at rest. You were very fortunate to have yours last.I had two surgeries within 4 months and now looking at a 3rd. I never expected things to be perfect but this is far far worse than the original pain. Trying to be hopeful with 2nd opinion:chris-win:
 
I'm so sorry your PKRs have caused you so much pain and irritation. I hope you soon get an appointment to see a specialist.

Yes, I was fortunate with my PKR. I didn't realise that at the time, but I do now.
I think I sensed that when I declined having a PKR for my other knee, and insisted I had a TKR instead.
 
Thanks so much it means a lot. It’s a very lonely surgery. No one can understand unless they have gone through it and in my case had issues from the beginning. I’m trying to have faith that 2019 will be my year! Fingers crossed!
 
I just thought I’d check in and say I’m still waiting for my second opinion appointment.I’m still suffering with this knee and sure hope the 2nd opinion call comes soon. We did book a trip to cabo for next month to enjoy a bit of sun and our anniversary before the next surgery. I bought cancellation insurance in case by a miracle I get to see new surgeon and he’d get me in fast. One can only hope. I lurk and read a lot of what you all have been going through. After 15 months of no answers and a failed pkr .I have to be hopeful this is not my end game and that one day I will be able to go for a leisure walk after a tkr.
 
It’s nice to hear from you, but I wish the news was better. :console2:
 
No change here.
 
I hope you get that call really quickly!
 
I finally got the second opinion apt for Friday! I’m excited but also very nervous as to what he says. I’m praying he will see what’s going on and take me on and do the tkr!
 
Happy to hear you got your appointment so quickly. Looking forward to what your second opinion says about your knee.
 
Yay for your appointment the end of the week! I pray it's a successful doctor's visit.
 
Today has been such a bad day. I’m going away for a girls weekend and ran some errands yesterday to get ready. That was more walking than my knee could handle. Today I pay for it:( I am so anxious about tomorrow’s surgeon apt. Just feel so blah today and had to take tramadol as Tylenol wasn’t helping much. This is an emotional painful roller coaster ride I want off!! :groan:
 
:console2::console2:
I’m so sorry. I hope tomorrow’s appointment is the start if good yhings!
 
Last edited:
So appointment didn’t go like I wanted. First off I have nerve damage caused by the nerve block which I thought was from surgery (nope) Gawd how I wish they told you what could happen instead of selling it to be pain free for 24 hrs. Anyways that’s one issue.

So second opinion that doesn’t do partials said not to do the surgery or if I do go with
the original surgeon that does the revisions. I had the biggest melt down after this appointment.

He said I could be worse off. How is that possible?? But with my luck maybe?? So even though my date is set with original surgeon I’m so unsure on what to do. What if I do get worse than this??? I am just sad;(
 
Oh my, I would be so upset also! I’ll tag @Josephine.

Did he say why you might be worse off?

And, it’s just one opinion. Can you get other opinions?
 
He said I could be worse off. How is that possible??
Well sadly, that is actually correct. Just think about it - you 'could' get an infection for starters. EVERY surgical procedures carries that risk. But it's only a very small risk - VERY small.

About the same as if you took a car ride to somewhere a few hundred miles away or even just down the road - you COULD have a serious accident or even get killed. It's the same risk. So don't labour on it!
 
@Josephine , I understand that, I guess I was hoping that getting the TKR would make my knee better. I will be seeing a neurologist about the nerve damage.

I guess I’ll go talk with original surgeon and see what he feels. I feel like I have to at least try and make things better so I could actual go for a walk. I am in bad shape now , but if things could be worse pain wise, do I take that risk? Ugh :( Thanks-you for your advice
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom