Revision TKR Jolease's knee saga part 3<^

Wow, one week post -op finally had a shower! Felt like I won the lottery lol. Still very swollen but could manager the stairs.I have been moving a bit more since yesterday which I’m happy about. I might be able to get to my own bed soon:) The little things we take for granted. Hubs is making me go really slow and I’m not arguing. Slow and steady. Anyways today was a mini turn around.
 
:yahoo:Yahoo! That 1st full shower after surgery is heavenly
 
@Jolease yes it’s a fantastic feeling. My next goal and hopefully I’ll be there by next week is to have a shower standing up and not having to use the shoower stool:happydance:
 
@Jolease, you appear to be doing very well and have a healthy realistic view of your recovery and what to expect. As everyone has been telling you (and I’m sure you know), each day brings minor successes and maybe a few challenges as well. Celebrate the successes and deal with the challenges with a positive attitude and the overall trip will be over before you know it.
 
@Jolease So good to hear you made a U-turn in the right direction today!:yahoo:

I agree that one of the weird side effects … in a good way... of the recovery process is that it forces us to truly appreciate those everyday things we take for granted sometimes. It does indeed have a humbling and reflective aspect to it.

Keep up the good work!:thumb:
 
@NavyGunns Thanks, it’s a bag of emotions and ups & downs for sure. I’m trying my hardest to stay positive and ride the wave. :good-bad:
 
I’ve had a sore calf that is now on half my shin also. It has gotten worse. I think it may be tight pulled muscles from not walking proper. I’ve done lots of stretches but it’s still killing me, logic says is muscle strain but I really haven’t walked much besides back n forth in the house. Has anyone has this happen to them? Of course the sore calf make me think blood clot right away ugh! Would heat help if it’s strained muscles? The front of shin is really warm but no warmer than the knee itself and of course the skin hurts to touch because it’s one big bruise! Thoughts anyone?
 
So my calf pain has now turned into my shin, the pain has got so bad that it hurts to put weight on it. My bottom part of leg has been warm since the beginning. I am going to the ER today to get it looked at. The front of the shin is red and the rest of the bruises are turning colour. Last thing I want to do but things have got worse not better... wish me luck!
 
:console2::console2:
Hopefully it will turn out to be “just” the nature of this recovery.

Getting checked out is good, better safe than sorry.
 
First off that was not fun sitting in the car, or emerg for hours. So uncomfortable. After seeing doctor he is sending me for an ultra sound to rule out a blood clot. He’s not sure if the area in my shin is infected or not,but has put me on antibiotics . He said there is a lot of trauma and pooling blood in my leg and thinks it’s that and inflammation that’s giving me so much pain weight bearing. My incision looks good! I let out a big breath when he took the bandage off ! So will have ultra sound tomorrow ,but I feel much better knowing the inflammation and blood is most likely what’s causing me the grief! That was truly scary...
 
You should probably call your surgeon and let him know you’ve been to the ER and what the doctor said. When do you have the ultrasound?
 
@Jockette I would of called there first, but since they aren’t open on weekends I will let them know Monday. Tomorrow they will call with a time. I feel good about things and glad they are taking precautions to make sure it’s nothing more. Just told me the usual if feel shortness of breath, fever, weeping of incision go back to emerg. I don’t think I have a blood clot as the pain on standing is in the shin where there is a patch of red. The initial girl who looked at it said she thinks it’s infection as that is how it appears to look. Anyways I’ll feel 100 % better after ultra sound but am feeling relieved now. Thanks for caring :thankyou:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom