TKR JennyLynne’s Next Chapter

Happy Sunday! Gosh 30 plus days already?? Time is flying by, but it sounds like you are doing pretty good. Remember to not beat yourself up on the ROM, it will come, keep those daily activities up and rest/ice/elevate, you are still in recovery :) I probably missed it but did you have staples/stitches? I must have missed you getting them out if you did lol which is entirely possible ;) with all that is going on.
 
@SpaceGirl - no staples!!!! Just internal stitches and glue. I was so relieved! I had staples for my other TKR and removal was brutal. I had staples for my THRs too but those didn’t hurt as much- more cushion :heehee:
 
A belated Happy One Month Anniversary!
Great progress so far. You‘re on your way.:happydance:
Have a wonderful Sunday and week!
@JennyLynne
 
@JennyLynne ... Isn’t it amazing how much those normal experiences mean after being in quarantine and recovery at the same time? I nearly wept with joy the first time I went to the grocery store! I’m glad you got some pool time with your family. Continue to enjoy these Upper Midwest summer days!
 
Decided to try a little drive today, as a test for driving myself to PT. Since the Starbucks drive through is across the street from PT, I made that my destination, lol. Happy to report that it went fine and my iced coffee was delicious!

I will say, it’s not comfortable per se. No safety issues- I can slam on my brakes if needed. It’s just not comfortable for me, sitting anywhere. Will keep my drives to PT (one mile each way) and maybe a quick Starbucks treat on the way home!
 
Good job! It’s nice to know you can do it, even if you aren’t comfortable.

I don’t know about you, but I couldn‘t stand being in the car after my THR for any longer than 20-30 mins. This went on for the first couple months. I’d get super antsy and really uncomfortable. It has to be the cramped space not allowing a lot of room to change position. I used to bring an ice pack and place it on my incision. I don’t think it did much more than serve as a distraction, but it seemed to help.
Have a good week!
@JennyLynne
 
Wow, great job! I think that is a good distance to start out with and it is hard to get comfy in a car! Keep up the good work!
 
@JennyLynne ... A Starbucks cold brew was my reward after PT, too. However, now that I’ve graduated from PT, I’m still making a daily trip to get my reward. Uh oh! Glad you are driving again!
 
Today is my 13th wedding anniversary. I have been in some form of joint surgery recovery for 4 of the last 5 anniversaries, so we certainly don’t have a history of any special sort of celebration! Probably get carryout for dinner instead of me micromanaging my husband around the kitchen, lol!
 
Happy Anniversary! :loveshwr:
I hope you have a great day and wonderful dinner with hubby and little man. :)
@JennyLynne
 
Happy Anniversary @JennyLynne! We spent our 25th anniversary at a PreOp appointment for my husband’s coronary bypass surgery (he’s doing really well now) and our 28th anniversary last week on a socially distanced restaurant patio, where we talked extensively about my knee (maybe not extensively, but it did come up). We laughed about how our vow of in sickness and health has been tested, and that maybe it’s made our bond even stronger. Here’s a toast to healthier, stronger, and pain free days ahead for all of us here! :cheers:
 
Thanks @Layla !

@Wolvesfan I can relate to that dinner chitchat! what aches and pains shall we address tonight! Hmmm...
Glad your hubs is doing well. Mine had the same surgery when I was about 10 weeks post-op for my left TKR. I put some miles on that new knee, walking the halls of the hospital for 10 days. Crazy times!
 
Happy Anniversary! haha well just think next year you can make up for all the ones that weren't so great LOL We were supposed to be cruising on our 20th this year but covid had other plans :( but we made the best of it and went on a short family trip to the beach. Next year will be awesome!
 
@SpaceGirl thanks for checking in!!

The knee is starting to loosen up a bit. While flexion remains my biggest issue, I gained about 7 degrees this week (though still only at 75). Happy to see progress.

We took my son to the pool after work yesterday and stayed for dinner. I was out for about 4 hours. My knee and feet were super swollen (not helped by the 90 degree weather), but it was such a nice night! Our first meal outside of the house since early March! It felt... dare I say... normal!!!

Feeling more confident about making plans outside the house, finally!
 
Sorry about the swelling, but it is normal, especially in hot weather. Otherwise, it sounds like you're doing great!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom