Bilateral TKR jbrooklyn recovery: short-term loss for long-term gain.

Happy 12 week anniversary by BTKR buddy! I hope you are doing well. I don't know about you, but this back to work thing is doing me in! How's it going for you? I'm keeping the elliptical machine as an option, but I'm not spending $$ like that right now since the wedding is just around the corner. I am having such an issue with swelling ankles, sore muscles, puffy knees, etc. Overall pain is so much worse. I hope that it improves soon!

How is the new puppy? I so admire that you go up and down the stairs every day. I only manage a few occasionally and I'm still such a chicken I take them V-E-R-Y slow.

Glad to journey with you!
 
Hey! Haven't heard from you for a while (I've been MIA too). How's it going? Thrown any raspberries recently?!
 
Hello, my friends-
I hope you all are doing well. I haven't been here for over a year, though it seems impossible that that is so.

I stopped posting a year-ish ago bc I got demoralized by chronic aches and pains. BTKR definitely improved things a lot . . . but I have had issues ever since surgery, and they are still here. My right knee developed patellar clunk (read about it, delightful) and I recently had arthroscopic surgery to mediate that. It no longer clunks, but it hurts like heck still. I am supposed to go to PT but it's too painful for that. It hurts upon standing, upon sitting, and going up and down stairs. Sound familiar? I'm sick of discussing, so I try to just deal with it. I take Celebrex or Tylenol to take the edge off 1-2 times a week, but that stuff is bad for your heart with chronic use . . . so mostly just dealing. I also feel demoralized b/c I cannot sit or stand without holding onto railings etc, as my quads are still not up to speed. The knee pain is preventing me from building quad strength, so I feel like my grandma, decades before I should. I know this is not an uplifting message . . . which is why I decided just to deal with it. But have always meant to come back and check on my friends here, who were so kind and helpful when I was in intense recovery.

If you feel like dropping a line to let me know how you are, L Hop, Raffs, Rob, others, I would love to hear how life is with your knees these days. Sending good wishes to all!
 
jbrooklyn.
Sorry to hear you are still having troubles with your knees. Since you recently had surgery for patellar clunk, hopefully as your knee heals the pain will go away.
Thanks for checking in with your report,
 
That's not fair, Jbrook. Glad to hear you are hanging in there, and hope these new problems will go away with time and perseverance. My knee is still stiff but fine otherwise. Back has been giving me more problems than the knee, but that's unrelated to the new knee. Please know that we are all in your corner and sending you good vibes as you deal with this.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom