TKR Jan 22 2103: Tere's left knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm moving around okay. Can walk, shop however I am on a steady diet of pain meds to keep the knee from aching. They allow me to function. Night time is tough. The top of the kneed feels like it is numb?Under the scar is really sensitive.
 
Meezermom
It is kinda a dead area, numb but I can still feel the pain there
The numbness is a perfectly normal and expected consequence of having had a knee replacement and is nothing to do with your pain. You can read about it here Numb area after TKR: how long will it last?.
Any ideas on what could be causing this aching pain on the top left side of the knee
I have some questions to ask you:
1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't compare this with the bone-on-bone pain you had before surgery!
[Bonesmart.org] Jan 22 2103: Tere's left knee
)

2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?
3. how often are you icing your knee and for how long?
4. how high are you elevating your leg, how often and for how long?
5. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and
6. what kind of PT are you doing? How much and how often?

Oh and bwt - I merged your post into your old thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom