TKR Jan 22 2103: Tere's left knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow 3 days into this and I am amazed at the withdrawal symptoms. Not very comfortable. But, one day at a time. Im using the chart provided. Afternoons get a little agitated. Nights bring on sweats. I would never have guessed I would have to go through this. Today I went back to PT ROM is only 90. They want me at 120 in a month. Yikes ? I will be so happy when this is finally through. 5
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jan 22 2103: Tere's left knee
You might keep in mind that this is much more about what YOU want than it is about what THEY want. And you have plenty of time---if you allow yourself to take it. The choice, of course, is entirely yours.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Jan 22 2103: Tere's left knee
 
Thanks. As always the support from here is what keeps me going. Difficult day today with withdrawalsymptoms.
 
Okay incision is healed. Sun and today I started working my knee in my spa. Nothing hard 20 min just gently in the water bending to the hurt spot to stretch it. Both days my kne has started aching again and swelling. I have been Iceing but not going backto the Norco as needed for pain . I am starting the third phase of the weaning. ? 1/2 tablet every 4 hrs tomorrow sound normal? One important question. While you are weaning from the norco, If you have pain in between regular pills can you supplemented by taking just a tylenol...acetaminophen ? I dont want to mess up my weaning schedule. by having to start over. Sometimes I think this is never going to end. Thsnks in advance for letting me whine and all your help.
 
12 Weeks OUT.....So sorry I keep coming back here. I aswear I am the biggest whiner and cry baby.
Tough Day. My knee has been tight and aching since 2 am this morning. been icing it all day. Plus no energy what so ever !!!!!!! I Simply don't understand the fatigue at this point ! I think my PT this past Thursday did my knee in. I had a ROM of 108 and my pt thought that was great so he had me do a bunch of steps 8" ones. didn't start me on shorter ones so I think it aggravated my knee ??????? I think i really need to take it slower and just keep stretching it. In 4 days I went from 90 ROM to 108 by using my spa and easy stretching.

This going backwards is so darn painful and not productive. I am so desperately trying to wean off my Meds and you can't if you are still in pain. Its like a no win situation. I need to be Pain Free first then done. I am trying so hard and so frustrated. I just laid around in bed all day. Couldn't get going. I was awake from 2 am to 5 am trying to get my knee under control and NOT take an additional NORCO. I woke up at 7 am but just couldn't get going. Depressed I guess. I am on the one every 6 hours schedule and 1 1/2 at bed time now and I want to stay there.I just really don't know what to do anymore.
 
Happy news... I am doing much better and knee is healing. Fired my pt and I am gently bending my knee inmy spa daily, riding my recumbent bike
2 miles almost daily. Lsst rom measured 110 1 week ago. I am noe 12 weeks. Amen. Almost ready to start wesning againg from NORCO Thanks Josephine for alll of your help and Great advice. Will keep you postdd. I see my os on May 9th. HOPE TO BE AT 120 . THIS SITE HAS BEEN A gGod send. Iwas crying daily and in horrible pain. Wow I have come a long wayand learned so muvh. THANK YOU ALL
 
That is great news---an awesome report.Recovery from a TKR can really be a booger, can't it? For what it is worth, my own recovery took me over five months to lose a limp---eight months before I felt close to normal.

You are dong fine! I think that firing the PT was a brave step---but if the PT was asking your knee to do too much, it was wise, as it was not helping you----only causing your knee to swell, stiffen up, and, in turn, to make you more frustated!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jan 22 2103: Tere's left knee
Well, I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat just reading your last post. So happy for you that things are finally falling into place and improving. They will continue to get better and better---another 3 months and you'll feel almost "normal".

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Jan 22 2103: Tere's left knee
 
Just want to thank you for the comment you posted on my thread. Tomorrow will be 16 weeks for me and I am still far behind you in recovery, but i do appreciate your encouagement! You have been through alot of stress and pain. I am so happy to hear you are doing so well now!

Keep it up.

Laurie
 
Good luck with our OS appointment tomorrow. I will be thinking of you and wishing you the best.

Laurie
 
So happy to report this is my last post. Thank You everyone for all your suppoft and great guidance. Met with my OS yesterday and my ROM was 115. Hefelt hecouldhave got 120 easy if he had pushed it.. I will just see him in a year for my last appointment. So grateful to have this surgery behind me. To all those of you who are still struggling. BE KIND TO YOUR KNEE, YOUR IN CHARGE OFBEING KIND TO IT, ICE, ICE, ICE AND ELEVATE. I still have some swelling but I ice and go easy. Only took me 4 months to get here. God Blessyou all. Teresa
 
Well it's been quite some time since my last post. I was doing pretty well, ready to start weaning off the pain pills and then my knee flared up like before my surgery. Especially at night when I am sleeping and my leg is straight it wakes me up I can hardly bend my knee so I have to take a PAIN MED TO GET BACK TO SLEEP. I rub the knee and with my leg extended in the air I massage the lower part of the leg to the knee and I finally can get back to sleep. I am 7 months post op. My knee is still hot and is aching as I write this. I am taking Pain meds about every 6 hours . I am going to see the OD this Thursday 11th of July. Any ideas on what could be causing this aching pain on the top left side of the knee. It is kinda a dead area, numb but I can still feel the pain there. I have put this off for the past 2 months as I was sure it would just heal and go away. I am going on an Alaska Cruise July 16th thru the 26th Thought I would be hiking....guess not. My motion is good I can ride my stationary bike, bend is good I am so discouraged. I Hate this knee surgery !!!!!!!!!!
 
I haven't a clue. I guess if I were in your shoes I'd be doing the same thing, trolling the waters of the internet for answers, nervous about being ready to go on a much-awaited cruise.

Just taking a stab in the dark, have you thought of IT band syndrome? When you say outside left that's the area I've noticed bother people who say it's IT band. I think there may be an article in the library on it: https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/itb-ilio-tibial-band-issues-and-treatments.18936/. Probably it would be good to say more about your activity each day. That info will help others be able to give you some good thoughts.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom