Jak1's recovery thread

My pleasure Jak1.
You can return the advice to someone in the future.
Joe.....
 
Hey Jak sorry to hear you are still sore. Don't give up hope - I think we all heal at different rates. I still get some aches when I've done too much and expect that to go on for a while yet. Can you go to some physio to help with your gait? I started working on that with mine and it has made a huge difference. Just small exercises every day to strengthen the muscles. I am probably walking straighter now than I have in years lol! Hope you have a great weekend. Sam xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey Jak sorry to hear you are still sore. Don't give up hope - I think we all heal at different rates. I still get some aches when I've done too much and expect that to go on for a while yet. Can you go to some physio to help with your gait? I started working on that with mine and it has made a huge difference. Just small exercises every day to strengthen the muscles. I am probably walking straighter now than I have in years lol! Hope you have a great weekend. Sam xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Ah thank you I will see about some physio as it's still very stiff can't keep down can't go up the stairs properly still doing it with right foot then left leg following, can go down stairs ok tho, I'm wondering if maybe doing the simple exercises I was given in hospital I should do thrm in the swimming pool, I'm way better than I was so I am getting there, guess I'm just slow. I'm 6 stone overweight trying to lose weight but hard when I can't get about too well, so maybe the extra weight isn't helping my recovery


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My pleasure Jak1.
You can return the advice to someone in the future.
Joe.....

I certainly will thank you


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's 14 weeks since my op I'm still really stiff when I get up to walk, still groin pain still pain in thigh and still limping. Very fed up!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Four months post op. Had pain every day! This week deep aches in thigh feels like Bone is in a clamp. And buttock pain again like I sitting on a brick. Anyone got any ideas what I should do


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey Jak.
All this must be driving you mad. But it still seems like post op recovery stuff. I know its a nuisance after 4 months. Josephine is the person who knows about the pain stuff but @Jamie might send someone along who knows more than me. The pain in the butt though seems like piriformus syndrome and the thigh pain also seems to be muscle or tendon related.
What's your activity level at this point ? Try reducing activity for a couple of days and see it this hepls.
Are you taking for example paracetamol regularly to help with the discomfort.
You could give your doctor a call or maybe book an xray for your own satisfaction to rule out any hip problem.
And Ice that butt and thigh. This can be very helpful.
You'll get there Jak.
Joe.....
 
Hey Jak.
All this must be driving you mad. But it still seems like post op recovery stuff. I know its a nuisance after 4 months. Josephine is the person who knows about the pain stuff but @Jamie might send someone along who knows more than me. The pain in the butt though seems like piriformus syndrome and the thigh pain also seems to be muscle or tendon related.
What's your activity level at this point ? Try reducing activity for a couple of days and see it this hepls.
Are you taking for example paracetamol regularly to help with the discomfort.
You could give your doctor a call or maybe book an xray for your own satisfaction to rule out any hip problem.
And Ice that butt and thigh. This can be very helpful.
You'll get there Jak.
Joe.....

Ah Joe Thanku yep I'm worrying every daycoz it just goes on and on I hv been busier than usual we r leaving the Middle East for good so hv been clearing cupboards, I willsee if I can see doc tho just to see before I leave Thanku joe


Sent from my iPhonerid=75543
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom