THR jackie222 RTHR - recovery

Wonderful @Jackie222
What a perfect gift to yourself. Rest, icing, elevating still wise at this point.
Wishing you a very happy :merry christmas: Hope you're surrounded by all those you love!
 
Can't wait to get walking again after I get my new hips you don't realise how much you miss it until you can't do it I used to walk my dogs over 3 miles every morning I now struggle to get across the road and look like a 99year old who has had an embarrassing accident whilst doing it :dubious:. Sounds like you are getting there @Jackie222 things can only get better.
 
Good luck for your op in jan @mcopt. I’m sure it will go brilliantly. I remember going on the one of the last 2 mile walks I did before giving into the pain. Ending up sobbing as we had to cut the walk short as I was in so much pain and crossing paths with a walking group from Coventry who asked the way to the pub. The youngest in the group was in their late 70’s. They were stepping out like teenagers whilst me at 55 could barely put one foot in front of the other.
Had to resort to tea and a very large cake in a local cafe to put a smile back on my face :heehee:
 
Awww so happy for you @Jackie222 what a great accomplishment!!!! I can hardly wait to join you in the 2mile club! Right now I'm aiming for 2 blocks! Hahaha So my theme song is now "I'm Gonna Be" by The Proclaimers....."But I would walk 500 miles...and I would walk 500 hundred more...." just gotta trade out the masculine pronouns haha
 
Yay. So happy you made it and that it's made you happy.
Give it sooner extra rest now and before you know it, you'll be back to go...go..go.:yahoo:
 
sounds like your doing great Jacky, don't push it, I am 3 weeks tomorrow sitting in a chair and getting fat but that's okay,soon Ill be back in the gym, it's actually a nice rest for all my other over used joints lol. . Im a decent golfer and that's what I concentrate on , what do I need to do to be ready for the spring . stay positive keep us updated .
 
:yes!: great news...hope your day is grand.
 
Yes! :yay: You Go Girl! :egypdance:
This will be next :dancy: :spin:
Wishing you a great day @Jackie222
 
Hi @Jackie222
Hope you continue to settle in with the new hip.
It sounds like you're making great progress with walking, distance, stair climbing...
I found this experience an emotional adjustment myself. Before and after :tantrum2:
We just have to take it day by day....

Sending warm wishes for a nice holiday weekend and a blessed 2018 :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Layla, yes everything is going really well thank you. It’s been hard adjusting to a new hip. The significant reduction in the pain in that hip has helped. In a daft way I think that the fact that my hubby has been struggling with anxiety/depression since September has also helped. He’s been needing so much support that I’ve really just had to get on with it. An occasional :martini: has also helped :loll:

It’s a good job I’m doing well as a gentle 2 mile stroll with a coffee stop, turned into a 4.5 mile yomp including wading about 50 meters through 1 foot deep of flowing icy water!! Thanks to serious flooding in Kingsbury water park. This was much needed when we got home :bath: and :ice:
 
Quite the romp! Hope you had some tall waterproof boots on. I bet the hot soak felt good- now some rest!
 
Hahaha! Love your humor Jackie.
I'm very sorry about hubby. While his current emotional state is serving as a bit of a distraction
I would imagine it can also be a downer / energy drain for you.
You desperately want to make it better, but sadly you can't.
You have a lot on your plate.
To brighter days....
@Jackie222
 
Sadly @MammaT I was in jeans and trainers!! Luckily we weren’t too far from the car at that point. It encouraged a good brisk pace to keep warm :heehee:
I’m expecting a fun filled and joyous 2018 @Layla :spin::dancy:
And wishing you both and everyone on bonesmart the same
 
Hahaha! Or the Smart Mother Award - you now have a live in bartender! :martini: :chuckmarch:
Next it wil be "Peel me a grape" lol!
 
Hope all continues to go onward and upward.
Don't become a member of the ODIC (OverDid It Club)
I've been a member a few times:whistle:
It's going to be a great year.
Onward and upward!:egypdance:
 
Back
Top Bottom