Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow is back to work.....Yes, I said the W word! I will have to count down the days to Spring Break :)
I remember going back to the classroom at eight weeks---right after Christmas break---I was excited until around 11:00AM when my knees began to stiffen up.

You are right---it is quite some time until Spring Break---and here in Northern Ohio, we are supposed to get some major snow issues, too.
 
@ljrfrm - we've been having internet problems today, so didn't have a welcome home message waiting for you :-(
I think the problem is resolved for the moment.

Sorry to hear that your first day back was a tough one. Hope you figured out some way to ice your knees without the recliner, they would have needed icing today. We're you able to alternate sitting and walking to give yourself and your knees a change of "scene"?

We were at the pool around 7:30 this morning, in the dark and pouring rain. It felt nice to be in the Leisure Pool where the water is warmer than the main pool. I did the walking frontwards, backwards and sideways and then tried to remember some of my other exercises that would work in the pool. I did the hip flexor ones, gently and will continue to do those. I stayed in 1/2 hour and then had a shower and we headed home. Doug saw me get out of the pool and left his aquafit class. Sweet guy, he wanted to make sure I was safe walking around the wet floors. I have gym like water shoes, so they give me a lot of stability. It was nice to see the pool crowd that we haven't seen for over 2 months. I iced when I got home and my knees feel fine right now - tomorrow might be a different story ;-)

Hope your recliner returns to it's proper place soooooooon!
 
@referee54 I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow :)
@Threads It sounds like your pool day was perfect - just enough exercises but not too many! I remember the first time I went back to the pool, I was so worried I wouldn't be able to climb up the ladder and get out. I made sure my husband came back to the pool in plenty of time to call for rescue if needed, LOL. I need to get back into the pool - no way I will during the week but I will make that my goal next weekend!! I did my best to stretch and move during the day. I haven't iced yet but I have the legs up and now that dinner is done, I will go ice now!!!
@gr82cu2 I have a feeling we will be crossing that finish line together :)
 
So, my recliner is MIA. I will call there tomorrow - so much for the 48 hours they promised me! It looks so weird when I walk in our family room - just an open space where my trusty recliner used to be. So sad.

My knees are very sore - probably because of the cold and snow. It's a Tramadol kind of night!
 
Bummer on the recliner! Give 'em heck when you call. Hope you feel better. (((hugs)))
 
Hope your recliner finds it's way home soon and is good as new. I'm sure you miss it having been used to it. Sorry your knees hurt. The weather is really affecting my knee too. Glad you have Tramadol, sleep well.
 
@ljrfrm - I certainly hope that they come through with that recliner, stat! Let's hope that they are spending that time making it as good as new. Hopefully by now you will have had some relief with your knees and are getting some sleep.
 
@Threads I am just as sore today, but with the 3 degree temps outside, I really think I'm just dealing with a case of some unhappy winter knees. Hopefully, all will be well soon and I can continue to feel better each day. Hope you are doing well on your end!
 
@ljrfrm - sorry to hear you are just as sore today. Do you still ice when ”the weather outside is frightful"? We drove through fog on our "out and about" yesterday, our grey west coast winter. I posted my 8 week report on my thread last night, which brings the tracking of my own progress up to date. I'm happy where I am right now at 8 weeks :yes:
 
@Threads I didn't get the notice that you posted your update. Will go check it out now!

I do still try to ice. I've been feeling pretty swollen since I've gone back to work. My knees actually felt better yesterday after I iced for an hour (and elevated). I was going to ice again this morning, but was so cold. Will do it later tonight when I'm back in my pj's. The good news is that the schools were closed today due to weather - so I get a day off :)
 
You had the day off but no news on your recliner? Hope you had something fun to do while you were stuck inside. I remember those snowed in days, many, many years ago growingnip in Quebec! They were magical - I guess they can be for school staff as well :egypdance:

I had a fun day with a group of friends doing some of the textile stuff we love to do while we chat non-stop! The only thing they had to worry about driving over here was fog ;-) However, we somehow got into a discussion about earthquake preparedness!

Enjoy what's left of your day.
 
@Threads It took a few phone calls but my trusty recliner will be coming home to me on Saturday. What I'm not sure about is whether it's fixed or not - fingers crossed all will be in good working order!!

And there are benefits for working for a school.....snows days are one of them. Tomorrow we have a two-hour delay, so I won't have to rush in.
 
So much for 48 hours turn around time! However, the end is in sight - hopefully you'll get it in time to enjoy quality time with it over the weekend.

Great news about a short day tomorrow. Try and take it easy on your knees for the time you are at school, maybe your knees will be happier heading into the weekend.

My knees aren't happy tonight - I lost track of the number of times I went up and down the stairs today. It was great having my friends here but anytime I wanted something it was either in my Loom Room (upstairs) or craft supplies storage (basement). Good general exercise but hard on the knees ;-)
 
@gr82cu2 WooHoo.........fingers crossed that it's fixed. (and not worse!). You should have seen how the delivery guys manhandled the poor thing when they came to pick it up!
 
@ljrfrm - maybe, just maybe it will be there before I get up in the morning here!! I'll dream that dream.

I plan to sleep in - I did overdo yesterday and then went to the pool this morning. I've been a basket case all day!
 
YES, I'm sitting in my trusty recliner as I type this. And, at least for now, it appears to be fixed!!!! All is good with the world again :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom