Guest viewing is limited

TKR It's Done!!!

Doctor said I can take ibuprofen, so that's going to help a lot.
I hope the Ibuprofen helps, but it can be hard on your stomach, so beware of taking it too often, It also has a tendency to make your stomach bleed.
 
@Tabbycat @tjcteacher how is it going? I will be 4 weeks out tomorrow. I feel like I live in the over did-it club. Swelling the minute I stand up. I'm taking ibuprofen 800 mg 2-3 times a day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes, 800 mg. Ibuprofen. I couldn't tolerate the narcotics, so it's been rough.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I always find anxiety and exhaustion go hand in hand. It's harder to cope with things when you are chronically sleep deprived. Goes with the territory with this surgery unfortunately. I'm only on Paracetamol (Tylenol). It doesn't give enough relief for this level of pain, but is better than nothing. We all had our ops the same week, still very early days.
Love, Tabby xxx
 
@Tabbycat and @kweh I've been weepy this morning-didn't sleep well at all. I read the articles and realize it's normal but it's not easier to deal with. I had both knees done-4 weeks ago tomorrow!!!. I'm tired of being in this house, wanna sleep good, wanna drive, blah blah blah! :flabber: My right knee feels good-:idea:, my left knee wants to be a bit of a stinker:no-fin:-pain on the outside of my knee when I'm trying to get comfy to sleep or when I move it too quickely. I did call the doctor today to ask about future pain meds-I'm out. With pain meds I can function, exercise a bit, move about. I'm not doing too much at all really-walking pretty good in the house with no cane-use cane outside. No swelling, just achey pain-

How do you deal with knowing in your head your are doing good but your heart screams "I'm done with this"!
 
@kweh, how are you getting on on the ibuprofen, do you get any pain relief, do you find ice helps? Are you managing to get any sleep? I'm sorry it's been rough for you so far, it must get better sometime.
 
How do you deal with knowing in your head your are doing good but your heart screams "I'm done with this"!
You just have to "keep keepin' on."

For me, it was not focusing on where I was or tomorrow---I just looked at what I was doing and where I was today.

The early days, I believe, are the roughest for many. Once you can get out and perhaps drive a little bit, or have somebody take you somewhere, you begin to feel more "human." Slowly---ever so slowly---the normalcy we all crave comes in to play.
 
Going off pain meds too quickly always makes me depressed and "weepy" so maybe that's contributing. Hope doctor is prescribing more if you need them!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom