THR IT Band Damage (a Mess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Sharon, I realize all that...my sis is slowing going with MS and I cried for her over the yrs...I'm all cried out...my grandkids dad is battling horrible cancer, he's 55, yes, I know how it could always be worse....but we
walk in our own shoes and do our best to walk in others and I've done that and know....just feeling down from all this going downhill, but keep getting up and going as much as I can...I always say to my friends, if "only" I didn't have this "mess"...I'd be on fire so to speak....although I am thankful that I had a full busy life and not missing a thing out there.... I play a lot of bridge and we play the cards we are dealt, same with life.....we deal. jam
 
jam2013. What I learned from ever-increasing chronic pain in the last year is that once it reaches a certain level it becomes your predominant thought. I was always grateful it wasn't cancer or ms, or anything life-threatening, but continual severe pain puts you in a lonely bubble. I was doing a cost benefit analysis for every movement. Because of chronic overweight I lost 50 pounds six years ago, which I've kept off, with lots of exercise and a healthy diet. It took me more than 18 months to lose 50 pounds. In contrast, I have lost twelve pounds since Christmas on my "do nothing" diet. Any movement caused pain. I stopped meeting friends, I stopped fretting up to find snacks, and in the last few weeks skipped meals because motion caused pain. Having dinner sometimes wasn't worth having to stand up to cook it.

Once you are in that place, it is really hard to think of anything but what you can do to make the pain go away. I am four days post-surgery and almost euphoric from the departure of intense pain. I hope you get there soon, Jam.
 
Lenora, I must have been in that intense pain pre surgery or I would have NEVER opted for what I did...for me GROIN pain was the turningpoint...waking up during sleep with groin pain did it...the GROIN pain is gone.....so for that I'm thankful....

My daughter and a couple other friends remind me of how I struggled "before" the new hip....I still have some struggles but new ones....

I knew going in I had a lot of other issues like the fibro, which is caused by either physical or emotional traumas we're told...the nervous system goes haywire...mine was an emotional trauma at 61....lost a job I planned to retire from but the boss had other plans..long story. These surgeries are traumas to the body, no doubt....but I did it....Friends ask me do I regret, and that's a hard one for me to give a definite answer...since I have all these other issues I'm struggling with....I never had spinal stenosis before the surgery....so..

Great on the weight loss, that is a huge one....I'd LOVE to take off 10 lbs around the middle....I'm sure that would help the lower back work better...

All in all, I'm quite healthy except for this "stuff" now....thanks for your comments...if only spot weight loss worked...jam

Many talk about how juicing could really help eliminate pain and I've done juicing on and off, but one has to really commit to it...it takes a lot of prep work....my gf is doing juicing now again, all organic produce, but she like me starts but don't stick with it long enough....maybe I'll get into it again with the summer months upon us...i enjoy my comfort foods....if money were not object, I'd have a chef prepare everything for me....that would be a dream.....
 
jam2013. Oh, yeah! Having a chef is a personal fantasy. Having healthy food appear with no temptations or effort. My son's father-in-law has had an amazing success with "juicing" veggies with protein powder and fruit, he's gone down about 85 pounds and looks great. I don't think I have the motivation and self-discipline.

Do you think you got the spinal stenosis because of the surgery or would you have it anyway? Sounds like you have had a series of emotional and physical shocks. I can understand why you are in pain. Also, we just don't bounce back in the same way-at least I don't. Six years ago I was still helping friends move furniture-that's done. Have you tried turmeric? My brother took it in capsules and found it helpful. If you've eaten Indian food you can probably tolerate it. Good luck.
 
Lenora, it's takes true dedication for juicing and good on your son's fil, that is great...my big step in the last few years was to no longer bring bread into my house....no way anymore....once in a while I buy the Ezekial tortillas which are flourless and enjoy them when I need a "bread" fix...or like to make a sandwich and not just with romaine lettuce leaves...I've also gone gluten free for the crackers I bring in my house...what a difference it makes I believe.

Would I have gotten the SS, I don't know, but I did not have it before the hip replacement...my gf back East who is my age talked about SS for yrs, she dealt with it, and I was clueless about it. More later...take care and good healing to you. jam
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom