Guest viewing is limited

THR Is it usual to have surgery leg a bit longer?

Do you have "Quote this message" in the bottom of the message box? You can just tap that.
 
Much of this recovery deal is diet. Your body is traumatized and need materials to repair it with. Foods that build blood,bone and muscle are where it's at. With the lack of movement there's little need for fats and sugars.
 
my new hip has made my surgery leg a bit longer. I was told that would be the case. Does this settle in? I feel a bit lopsided
 
@geraldined
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread.
Please don't keep starting new threads. Each person has just one recovery thread and this is it now.
For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.
Don't worry that we won't see your question because, between us, the staff read all new posts every day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
my new hip has made my surgery leg a bit longer. I was told that would be the case. Does this settle in? I feel a bit lopsided
Often, this feeling of being lopsided is not really a difference in leg lengths, but a change in your posture, due to the replacement.
If this is the case, the feeling of having one leg longer than the other will gradually go away.
 
I don’t know how to respond to a message. Can you tell me how? I keep getting a red pop up that says I can’t complete that function.
Do you have "Quote this message" in the bottom of the message box? You can just tap that.
Unless you want to quote someone, you just go down to the bottom of the page and start typing in the box where it says "Write your reply . .. "

If you do as SarahBee suggested, you will be quoting the entire post, which is not always appropriate.
This article should help you:
How to use the quote feature

You can find the above article and many other helpful articles in this area:
https://bonesmart.org/forum/view/how-to-use-this-forum.74/

If you want to talk to a certain person, you tag her/him:
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you
 
Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope you've been doing well since you last posted?
Please leave an update, we'd love to hear from you and learn of any progress you've made.
Wishing you all the best as you continue healing!
@geraldined
 
My OS actually informed my that my operative leg might be a bit longer on purpose to create tension and healing
I do get this and did notice my operative leg to be just a bit longer, though with my gimpy 2 days out walk it's hard to tell!
He also will be doing my other leg in the future so he may adjust the length then.
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope all is well. We'd love to read an update, if you care to leave one next time you're on the forum.
Have a great week!
@geraldined
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom