TKR ironclm's recovery

Took a shower and put on my own clothes. Took another spin around the hall and sat on the side of the bed for a bit. Feeling much better than earlier today.


TKR 08/26/15

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
A shower AND your own clothes? You must feel great. I have a feeling you are going to rock this recovery. You go, girl!
 
Way to go!!!! You're doing great!
 
Thanks all. Painful getting out of bed but not bad aside from that. Now if I could just get all my other system still working. Lunch and dinner last night had given me serious heartburn. Can't wait to get home and eat my own food.


TKR 08/26/15

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I agree, hospital food can be the pits!! The hospital I was at had horrible food but wonderful care. When I get my other knee done in January if all continues to go well with this knee, I will pack some protein bars and nutritious snacks. I lived on graham crackers and peanut butter lol!
 
Discharging this afternoon. My dad is flying in to stay with me for a week or so, so one of my friends is picking him up and then they will come pick me up. Still having heartburn. I'm very much over it! But I did get out for another spin around the floor "block" with the physical therapist.
[Bonesmart.org] ironclm's recovery



TKR 08/26/15

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You look fabulous!!! My TKR is Monday...I hope I look that good when I'm discharged!


TKR - August 31, 2015
 
...and go Preds! Just saw you're in Tennessee. I'm in Nashville.


TKR - August 31, 2015
 
You look fabulous!!! My TKR is Monday...I hope I look that good when I'm discharged!


TKR - August 31, 2015
Good luck! Where are you having it done?


TKR 08/26/15

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
:wowspring:

ditto what @Joyfull61 said, except my TKR is 9/15/15. I'm hoping to look that great so soon postop!

All the comforts of home are just ahead! :flwrysmile:

Were you given anything for the heartburn? You don't want to be dealing with that too!
 
Yes. They called the doc and got me some antiacids.


TKR 08/26/15

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'll be checking into Centennial at 5:30 Monday morning. I'm as mortified by the appearance of my naked toe nails than anything else at the moment. Anything to distract me from the coming sawing and drilling of the knee.

How are you doing at home?


TKR - August 31, 2015
 
Ha! I totally understand about bare toenails. Mine haven't been this way in years.

Good luck Monday. You'll do great.


TKR 08/26/15

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well it's been a rough couple days at home. I was released Saturday early afternoon and came home and spent most the rest the day on the sectional on the first floor. Slept there Saturday night. My dad flew in to help out so that is a major help. And yesterday afternoon one of my cycling team mates brought some food and was here for a couple hours.

I found that I can only eat about three bites of anything before I start to feel not very good. And probably within an hour of arriving home Saturday, I promptly threw up. And the worst thing is that coffee tastes funny now. I hope that is a temporary condition because I love coffee!!

Last night I slept in my bed which is on the second floor. The actual sleeping was better but, the nausea was worse and stomach pains due to the constipation. But all of that seems to be resolving some today.

This morning was the first home physical therapy visit and to test the blood. INR was high so no PT, skip tonight's Warfarin dose and recheck tomorrow. Changed the bandage again and stitches look good and swelling is pretty good.
[Bonesmart.org] ironclm's recovery



TKR 08/26/15

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@ironclm I had a tough time with stomach issues when I first came home. I think it was all of the new meds that I was on. I too couldn't wait for a good cup of coffee, unfortunately it made me soooo nauseous and I have not had coffee since and I loved my coffee. I have no urge to try it again at this time but hopefully some day will get back the taste for it. I am able to drink hot tea with no problems. The stomach issues lasted a week or so, hopefully yours will resolve soon.
 
Glad to hear you are doing so well. I bought a trainer for my bike and am trying it out, slowly.

I love coffee too. Your taste for coffee will likely return soon.

LTKR July 13, 2015
 
Your knee is looking good!

No coffee.. . . Yikes
 
The pain medications often cause nausea. Try taking something to eat with them - such as crackers. If you still feel nauseous, ask your surgeon or primary care doctor for some anti-emetic medication. There's no need to suffer nausea or vomiting.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom