Guest viewing is limited

TKR ironclm's recovery

Hi there, I too had a long relationship with my two PTs when they told me there was nothing more they could do for me, I was devastated. It felt like a death sentence, but actually they were telling me you are doing great and the rest is up to you and will just take time. I am swimming, biking, hiking, skiing, curling, and talking long walks. The only thing that still hurts somewhat is descending stairs. So ready to be done with that too. Congrats and it sounds like you had a great PT.
 
@ironclm and @Roy Gardiner - I can't tell you how happy I am to hear about riding post-TKR. I miss my bike so much and hope to get back to it. I've never raced, but rode around 100 miles/week.

You give me hope.
 
Thanks all. And yes, there IS hope and light at the end of the tunnel. It took me 9 months to see it though!

And, I start ice skating lessons next week! I skated as a kid on the pond in the winter but I want to learn how to skate correctly. Falling in love with hockey has done that. My orthopedic surgeon said it was fine once I got my leg strength back and the PT says go for it.


TKR 08/26/15

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So this happened Wednesday night. 3rd place out of 4).
[Bonesmart.org] ironclm's recovery


And today, I got back on ice skates. First time in probably 30 years.

https://instagram.com/p/BHFUw03jnTe/




TKR 08/26/15

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks all! I feel pretty good today, considering the instructor made me squat down and fall over about five times and get back up off the ice. That was a little difficult. I definitely need to work on hip and core strength. But my knee feels fine. ⛸⛸⛸[emoji106]


TKR 08/26/15

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
:wowspring:You are truly an inspiration. Cycling and now ice skating? I'm still working on walking the right way!
 
Thanks everyone.

Marian - We did a lot of practicing of walking "right" and it finally clicked in. A friend told me that he had never seen me walk without a limp (since we didn't meet until 2012), so that was nice to hear.

Sunday I rode 15 miles and my lower leg muscles are a bit sore, but mostly since they haven't been used like you do skating. Now I really need to get back to working on strength overall on a serious basis.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom